United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they sign Defoe. Leaving it so late in the window would be stupid. With Rooney off and Zlatan injured they have one striker in rashford. If they start pre season with one striker I'll be very surprised

Off topic, but I still think Defoe has so much to offer, despite his age.

We should of taken him for £2m when he went to Sunderland. He'd of got 25+ in our team

One of the most under-rated strikers in the Premier League

Griezmann deal off, so what happens now?

Football

ec73c1ae-13a6-4f20-8c1a-9e2f31967a38.jpg

Simon Stone

BBC Sport

Posted at12:21
So, Manchester United's long-standing interest in Antoine Griezmann has cooled.

But if Griezmann is not coming to Old Trafford, and the reason being cited is the injury to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who are United going to get.

Everton's Romelu Lukaku is an obvious one, a battering ram of a striker in the Didier Drogba mould from Jose Mourinho's first Chelsea team.

In addition, United have been linked with Torino's Andrea Belotti, who has a release contract of £87m, and also Real Madrid's Alvaro Morata.

No-one from the club is saying it, but by targetting a replacement for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, United appear to be indicating the Swede has no future either once his contract expires on 30 June.

What does that first bit mean? Why has Zlatan to do with Griezmann? Makes no sense!

As i understand it Griezmann was supposed to suplement/work with Zlatan. Griezmann to get from the middle to oppo's end sharp and direct, drop in on Ibrahimovic's head/foot. However it is still a load of bollocks, utd can't stomach the release clause imo and added to Griezmann's 'meh' attitude to leaving utd have fuck all leverage. If he made any statement sucking up to utd they would go hard.

I have always seen him as a Bayern destined player anyway, they have spots to fill for direct attacking players from mid to oppo area.

This firmly goes in the snubbed file.

With the amount of cash they have to throw around I have no doubt they will be bringing in at least 1 +£50m striker maybe 2. The question is who? I can only think of 1 or 2 i really don't want them to get. Hope its Lukaku.

If Peter Crouch were a few years younger they would probably go for him. Perfect for hoofball.

Off topic, but I still think Defoe has so much to offer, despite his age.

We should of taken him for £2m when he went to Sunderland. He'd of got 25+ in our team

One of the most under-rated strikers in the Premier League

Pep is not the type of manager to indulge goal hangers. Defoe does next to sod all besides a quick dart of the defenders shoulder. Just suggesting it would see you on brew duty all month. Pep would not care if he scored 100 a season, he simply does not acknowledge such players in his teams.

Just look at Kun, he could have seen his arse as he even got told and i was of the impression he gave a lot of effort in the final third. Fortunately he is world class and has a mentality of granite so stepped up. Defoe would be dead on his arse after 20min of Pep footy.

B-b-but; I don't understand. I thought they were going to sign Griezmann and go on to win the PL, CL, EFL Cup, the boat race, Royal Hickstead, Crufts, The X Factor etc etc? And doesn't ever player who ever existed want the play for the bestest bestest club in the world ever ever ever?

B-b-but; I don't understand. I thought they were going to sign Griezmann and go on to win the PL, CL, EFL Cup, the boat race, Royal Hickstead, Crufts, The X Factor etc etc? And doesn't ever player who ever existed want the play for the bestest bestest club in the world ever ever ever?
Tellin ya Jim mate, some of those comments came from people gutted beyond what they typed haha, you can feel it in the words, properly deflated hahahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.