Manchester United 6 Manchester City 1

McGinty 16 mins

Lingard 36 mins

Clowes og 44mins

Cole 52 nins

Lawrence 77mins

Robinson for City 85mins

Cole 88 mins
Typical City just as you register your worst result of the season, they make it even harder to swallow when it comes against your local rivals, who have no recognised striker in their side

City recorded their worst result in the academy history since the first ever season of the academy system when they lost seven nil on January 16th 1999 away to Everton.

If you had watched the opening fifteen minutes of this match you would have laughed your socks off if you had said that one side was going to win this game six one because there was nothing to tell between the two sides as they both defended well and there were very few openings.

However that all changed in the sixteenth minute when the United left back McGinty hit a very hopeful low cross into the area that was not picked up by anyone and rather bizarrely ended up going in the corner of the goal; kissing the inside of the post.

The goal did not seem to affect City's play that much as they continued to pass the ball around at times and indeed right on the half hour mark a good sweeping passing move resulted in the ball being played into the area with a one two to Joan Roman-Angel and he fired across the goal but Sam Johnstone in the United goal got down well and blocked the shot.

United then scored a second goal when they were allowed too much space down their right and sent in a cross that was headed onto the bar by Gyliano Van Velzen and Jesse Lingard reacted and went wide of the goal before swinging round with a swiping shot that again went into the far corner of the goal as the ball evaded everyone.

United virtually killed all chances of City getting a result just a minute before the half time break when a corner was not cleared fully and larnell Cole hit the ball back towards the corner of the goal that might have even gone wide but it struck Paul Clowes and went in totally different direction to give James Wood no chance in the City goal.
Team:

Wood, Veseli, T Skogsrud, Kennedy (Evans 46), Meppen-Walter, Clowes, Drury, Huws (Rusnak 56), Bunn, Roman-Angel, Henshall (Robinson 46)

Subs: Hippias, King

Better news for the U16's as they won 3-0

What a shocking bad academy players we have :O

And didin't someone say Veseli was one of the best centre back prospects in the world? LOL.....how come he let United score 6 goals past his defence.

BlueCityfan said:
What a shocking bad academy players we have :O

And didin't someone say Veseli was one of the best centre back prospects in the world? LOL.....how come he let United score 6 goals past his defence.

He played right back in the first half and centre back in the 2nd half. One man cant stop things when the team have a bad day.

chelseaaway84 said:
i think the youth team are very important as are the academy age groups.
let me tell you that my son plays for a premiership academy team and plays v both city and utd, the style of play could not be more different
city full of big lads who launch the ball forward and rely on pace and power, utd pass the ball better, play better football and dont rely on size, more technique
if my son left his team and was given the chose of playing for both, it absolutley destroys me to say but he would learn to be a better player at the scum
before people start calling me a rag, dont im a loyal city fan of over 30 years and went for alot of seasons without hardly missing games especially in our darker days, im just telling you how it is at academy level

Well done for being truthful!

This tells you all you need to know about our Academy. Think Kelvin Etuhu, think Ishmail Miller, think typical of too many Premier League clubs bringing through big, strong, quick players who end up just playing in the Championship.

I used to teach Rico Gomes at a school in Salford who was at United and is of this age group and he said exactly the same thing about the difference between the two Academies. United were about football and being technical, City weren't!

NewbBlue said:
This is the academy I keep hearing so much about? Hmm.... looks like changes are necessary.

Correct me if im wrong but they are top of the league right? Terrible loss, but let's not get carried away..

Ricster said:
bluealf said:
Fantastic stuff, lets discuss how shit the youth team are, it will certainly be a refreshing change from the same posts about the first team.

Or lets discuss how Hughes fucked off Cassell and made the youth team shit. That Welsh twat has alot to answer for.

Its got fuck all to do with Cassell or Hughes tbf; our youth team was good for the state our club was in.

Who've we produced?

Bradley Wright Philips - nicking stripers wallet's
Willo Flood - Was over in Ireland now squad player for Celtic?
Lee Croft - Is he at Derby now?
Stephen Jordan - Released from Burnely i think
Ben Mee - Loaned to Leicester
Vlad Weiss - Loaned to Rangers
Ireland - Loaned to Newcastle can't get a first team game at his club
Sturrige - loaned to Bolton, can't get a first team game at his club
then (i know i've missed a few but still)...
Micah is a prospect, Ned less so... I'm loathed to say SWP since we picked him up from Forest at 14.

Bar a couple, it's a who's who of average... punching far above our weight at the time, but let's not fantasize about the greatness of our academy, as all it's really done is create a good few journeymen for the lower leagues so far.

Ricster said:
bluealf said:
Fantastic stuff, lets discuss how shit the youth team are, it will certainly be a refreshing change from the same posts about the first team.

Or lets discuss how Hughes fucked off Cassell and made the youth team shit. That Welsh twat has alot to answer for.

Never evah trust an ex-scum player. Coppell was worse than Hughes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.