United (A) - League Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Dais the voice we have been missing, make him captain, the way he told Foden he should have cleared into touch rather than keeping the ball in play near the end was brilliant, didn't bollock him, just coached him.
Brilliant though that we have so many captains all over the pitch now. And the whole defence have a togetherness now - they fucking love a clean sheet!

The difference in having our solid centre backs is off the scale. Before the 2nd goal we looked like we were getting tired and its hard work playing that high press and switching but Stones & Dias were immense in keeping them at bay. I love the way they are high 5'ing ,and hand slaps at each clearance. Bonding a strong team ethic.

Get the fuck in!

Well played, Blue Boys. A fitting tribute to The King.

There was more excitement in the first two minutes of this match than there was in the whole of the last derby..

Foden started off like a house on fire, then Silky had a great spell, but John, and especially, Rúben, were brilliant throughout.

We thoroughly deserved the win: that fucking lot didn’t look like scoring.

It was a fantastic ball in from Phil for the first and a wonderful strike by Dinho for the second.

Some very nice words from Big John in his post-match interview.

I just love this football club.

Last edited:
I had my doubts with Pep earlier in the season but you can clearly see a change in our style of play. We have dropped the defence back 10 yards and adjusted Gundo's role. We look so solid in defence and once the attack clicks we will go on a great run.

Foden makes us look a different team, brings so much energy.

We are much better than them. What did they actually do in the game? Dias and Stones were impeccable. Well done to Phil and Raz who did excellent defensive work. KDB coming back to his best. Gundo lithely turning away and showing the two Freds and Poogba a clean pair of heels. Get in, lads. For you, Colin.

Credit to Pep. He took a gamble and worked on the defence at a sacrifice to forward play (injuries aside) and look how Stones emerged and Dias became the fuckin man. We took a few hits with this switch of focus, a dip, and we all felt it, but now we are on that upward curve and its a fuckin joy to watch once again. Top work Pep, I squirmed but never doubted you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.