United (A) - League Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Our front 3 were miles off the pace today in all honesty so step forward the defence to do both sides. Superb! The Stones and Dias love affair is soon to have an 18 rated guidance stuck on it, what a partnership they are developing.

Whole back 4 were sensational against what is generally our greatest weakness. Dinho was once again superb infront despite the daft yellow noticeably having an impact on his game. Gundogan was once more the most creative spark we had. As I said at the start front 3 were off thr pace big time tonight but they all at least put a shift in second half, including mahrez.

Don't want to bring up any criticisms after that but the game was crying out for subs after about 70 minutes. Foden was fucked, jesus would have given us the energy off the left and once we had the second he should have rested kdb and given aguero 10 mins, that 5-10 minutes rest after running for 85 minutes makes such a difference. But that gripe is for another time, time to rejoice and wind up some jumped up rags who have surfaced from deep these last few weeks.

As for United, Imagine putting in a lacklustre performance like that against a side with about 10 players out or unfit. Barely had a sniff at goal. They'd have got booed tonight if there was a crowd for such a powder puff attempt at having a go, all they know how to do is defend and counter.
I did wonder if keeping Foden on for ninety minutes was part of getting him more ready for regular first team football. If he never stays on for ninety minutes is he ever going to build up that stamina and get experience of seeing a game out when you’re knackered.

The scary thing is we wanted to sign three others ahead of him. A bit like with Jorginho and Sanchez, I’m glad the deals for koulibaly, kounde or giminez didn’t happen.
We don’t know that for sure Paper talk might have been a diversion tactic also had to wait for Benfica to get knocked out of ECL

Very very proud Blue tonight. I loved the tribute to Colin before the start, the emotion shown by Summerbee in the stands....the team performance, controlled, the goals (obvs), and the show of togetherness at the end....

Considering all the shit going on right now with covid, tonight really highlighted what a great club we are.....

We’ve seen some of the best football ever played by this team over the last few years, but must say I really enjoyed watching Stones and Dias throwing themselves in front of numerous shots and crosses. What a partnership and hard to believe Dias is 23!

Midfield was fantastic and we were very good on the ball, and Zinchenko was solid and reliable yet again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.