United (A) Post Match Thread

I was negative about Gundogan first half but he was superb 2nd but that’s because ferny went off. We don’t play as good wen they play together

I cant help but like listening to Keane. Neville is shit scared of him. Lets talk about the reigning champions though please

Solskjaer's random decision to play 361/541 worked well because it put bodies in areas where we're not used to them. You could see it in the second balls - we always get to the second ball first, it's how we retain possession so well, but tonight there were just United bodies in the way.

It left Silva+Gundogan outnumber 5v2 and that's why they were so quiet in the first half. In the end it bought them 30-35 minutes where our lads worked out what to do, and after that there was only 1 team in it.

Fernandinho was incredible when he was on, so it was quite unusual that Gundogan was incredible in a completely different way when he replaced him at #6
To be fair, when Fernandinho was on for the most part United were on the front foot and giving everything. Fernandinho's physical game was important to keep things at bay.

By the time he went off they had tired. Gundogan is better at playing a team into oblivion when they're pinned back and keeping them back. In hindsight it would have been clever to have made that change even without the injury.

I wish Keane was on more often,
I’m actually starting to like him ffs!
giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.