United (a) post-match thread

They’ve had our number big time this season.

We got dicked at home in the league, should have been about 1-4.

We were 0-3 up at their place in the EFL Cup semi with a home leg to come, but played like dicks all second half there giving the ball away for fun with petulant no look passes and stupid flicks and they got back in it, then we were hanging on at the end against ten men at home.

And today was the worst of the lot.

One good half out of 8 against them this season!

That must be the most toothless display under Pep. Even in his first season when we lost heavily at Leicester and Everton, we had 19 shots with 9 good chances at Leicester and 13 shots with 6 good chances at Everton... today we did absolutely fuck all!

I know I’ll calm down by Tuesday as I’ll settle with the fact we have the biggest game of the season next week, but today (and probably tomorrow) I’m fucking furious with that display!

Not sure how a manager can start Gundogan, Rodri and Zinchenko and not expect his team to just pass it sideways at a snails pace all day long. It' what they do, so of course if you pack your team with them it will happen. One or maybe even two of them can work, but all three of them and it's obvious what will happen.

Just shit tbh, all our shite performances look like this. So much sideways shite, so little directness or speed to our attacks.

Abysmal. No point in all that possession if you can't create anything. Defenders and goalkeeper who can't do the basics. Ederson - great with his feet...pity about his hands. Sterling...why not try him on the right - he did nothing again all game. Bernardo Silva - did nothing again all game. Cancelo - can't defend, nothing special going forward. Zinchenko - no idea why he's playing. Mistake after mistake with him. Rodri - slow and ponderous. Gundogan - sideways and backwards all the time. Foden - wasted on the wing. All United did was play to their strengths. When they lost the ball they got goal side and pressed quickly. When they had the ball they got it forward as quickly as they could to their speedy forwards. City just passed it backwards, took far too many touches. Even from corners we pass it back and then side to side. City need a massive injection of pace and quality throughout the team. 4 new defenders are needed and maybe a new goalkeeper too. We can't defend. Apart from Fernandinho and maybe Foden and Aguero the rest were dreadful.

Ederson 2
Cancelo 5
Dinho 7
Otamendi 6
Zinchenko 2
Sterling 3
Rodri 5
Gundogan 6
Foden 4
Bernardo 4
Aguero 4

Mendy 7
Jesus 7
Mahrez 7

Pep 2

Ederson 0
Cancelo 3
Dinho 6
Otamendi 2
Zinchenko 0
Sterling 2
Rodri 2
Gundogan 7
Foden 6
Bernardo 3
Aguero 4

Mendy 5
Jesus 7
Mahrez 8

Pep 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.