United (A) Post Match Thread

Boring, where was the passion? Both teams played for the nil nil draw.
It's a good job there were no fans there, otherwise they'd all want refunds.
Has there ever been a more boring Manchester derby?

Spot on mate. Our two most creative players were on the bench. It’s really bizarre what goes on in Peps brain sometimes. We’re looking more and more like a mourinho team. Hey perhaps he’s going for the clean sheet trophy this year.
Our two most creative players are KDB and Mahrez. They were both on the pitch and both missed sitters.

This season is turning into our very own version of Waiting for Godot. Waiting for Messi.

And the message of the play is apt.

Ambition, daring, creativity all seem to have gone. Playing well and losing is far more forgivable than going through the motions and 'winning' a point that is barely more use than losing.

Such a shame that the one player who actually understands what a Manchester derby means was sat there watching that rubbish and falling asleep like the rest of us as his passion alone would have won that game.

Utterly baffled why Pep - clearly a great manager - settled for a tame draw when the match was there to be won.

He would not have done that pre Covid. Perhaps what has happened that has made football feel a bit like it is a fly caught in amber frozen in time as well as his own loss has turned him into the kind of manager he was not born to be. Pragmatic. I doubt he will ever be successful at that.

He needs to rediscover his mojo or we will be watching a lot of games like that.

Perhaps if Godot turns up this time he will find it.

No problem with us being cautious rather than losing 3-0 on the break.

But we have no attacking ideas whatsoever. And that includes KDB. Some nice touches, but also wasteful & his finishing is fucking awful. For a player of his quality to not even hit the target with the rebound from Ffs' shot is just piss poor. That was the match.

We need some new blood.

We’d have won stuff if only he’d listened to you, but yes I’m a bit pissed to off.
I'm not disputing Pep's achievements and I'm the first to celebrate his success. I love and appreciate what he's done since joining us.

BUT (Behold, Underlying Truth) he is guilty of over thinking things and it often translates to under performances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.