United (A) | Post Match Thread

Pep has taken all creativity out of the side in case of a mistake leading to a counter attack. As such its led to possession for possession sake and plenty making mistakes leading to counter attacks.
Sadly, and I mean that, it is hard to have any issue with your comments.

That said, there are some players that appear to have given up the ghost on the “team concept” and end up waaay out of position repeatedly.

I dread to think where we would be without Haaland’s goals this season, because I’m not sure Alvarez would have scored over half of them!

If I were Haaland, I’d be in Pep’s Office on Monday morning asking him when he hs going to get me some decent service, because this isn’t it!

It is abundantly clear that we need a serious overhaul in midfield, and that some players need to vastly improve their output (effort & performance) if they want to stay at City.

We lack speed and strength. I have said this for the last 3 seasons. We need a couple of big, strong midfielders who can strangle the other team while creating chances.

I’d gladly exchange about 20% of the possession between the two CBs for an iota of creativity.

Pep’s whole mantra is pass and move the opposition around until we pull a player out of position and then exploit that space. The problem? EVERYONE HAS READ THE BOOK!!

So, which teams consistently cause us problems?

Fast break
Counter attacking
High press
Man to man
5 at the back nullifying wingers

Up next? Son!!!

Can we just give him a goal to start and ask Spurs to leave him on the bench, please?

The outside-in run behind the high CBs is a given. Throw in Kane coming short, dropping it off for the midfielder who plays it into the space Kane vacated for Son to run into, and the opposition team talk is done!!!

I think its rubbish too,but as it stands he didnt break the rules.He did not prevent one of our defenders reaching the ball,he then had the intelligence to leave it for the rat.
Come off it, man. Ederson didn't have a clue which player was going to shoot - Rashford was definitely interfering. Akanji would have been better off just pushing Rashford over to prove he was interfering, which is ridiculous. It's not the letter of the law.

Could have been even worse as the cheating rags were imploring the bent **** to rule out city’s goal (no idea why) and the bent **** was in his ear and talking in his mic. They were desperately searching for a reason to disallow it

He actually chased after the pass..he wasn't merely stood in an offside position was he.
By the action of going after the ball he must have been interfering with play..
If he had stood still I would say yes he's offside but not attempting to influence play

That doesn't affect the law though.Of course he was interfering with play as common sense would dictate but he didn't affect an opponents ability to reach the ball.

The law is total bollocks.

Just watched the Brighton v dipper game. Apart from the result which i happily chuckled at it was the way Brighton played. Quick passing, guile and an end product. Reminded me of City not too long ago. What i will say is I think we have now hit our lowest level for now and fully expect us to push on and still with this league.

And what this new manager is doing better than potter is now Brighton score goals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.