United (A) | Post Match Thread

I agree 100% mate. Rashford was going for the ball until he got a call from The Rat. Ederson was definitely distracted by Rashford being there. Probably the top assistant referee in the country correctly flagged, but after Atwell was badgered by half the United team he decided to go over to him and get it overturned. If this type of scenario is allowed, I can see teams planning such a move in the future.
It’s always been a game plan of these cunts! Under pisscan the rule was, if the captain goes to the ref, that was a signal for everyone to go, if not to overturn the decision, but to put pressure on his next one. Once a **** always a ****!

Is it the law though? I think Rashford could be the example shown to highlight the bit below.

View attachment 66016

It’s there in black and white, is Rashford being stood offside in between the ball and Akanji obstructing Akanjis line of vision ? Of course he is
Nevermind it also makes the 2 defenders hesitate and consider Rashford someone who needs dealing with and makes Ederson concentrate and position himself to deal with a shot from Rashford

Apart from scoring himself he couldn’t be doing much more to interfere with play

It’s just a complete fuck up

VAr, which I hate and would ditch instantly, should have got involved and made the ref look at Rashford movements and the scene from different angles.
Definitely. But as ever, the ‘clear and obvious’ threshold gives them an out. Even though it was pretty clear and obvious.

Rubbish. He is literally stood over the ball a few minutes before Bruno shoots it. As a gk how are you supposed to know who is going to shoot? He is directly in front of akanji as well so stopping him from getting the ball without having to go round. It's clearly nonsense.
I think its rubbish too,but as it stands he didnt break the rules.He did not prevent one of our defenders reaching the ball,he then had the intelligence to leave it for the rat.

Rashford didn't do any of them.

He didnt do any of them though,he was 'merely' stood in an offside position.
He actually chased after the pass..he wasn't merely stood in an offside position was he.
By the action of going after the ball he must have been interfering with play..
If he had stood still I would say yes he's offside but not attempting to influence play

Bit annoyed by the offside goal but the fact still remains that Bruno ran through the midfield, everyone shifted to the left when cancelo went up so walker was two on oned, I think that's when Bernardo or rodri usually fill in. Being caught on transitions is what these guys work on, they got caught twice today.

I thought cancelo was great though, playing him on the left like everyone has been saying gets the best out of his talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.