United (A) | Post Match Thread

Perhaps an influx of new players is waiting. Some of these current players do not look the part and maybe Peps feeling the heat also.
This present side is done for me, major changes needed, too many players have taken their foot of the gas, several way past their best, and sadly several simply not good enough.

Big summer changes needed.

So, if Eddy or Akanji clean him out, is it a foul or is he given offside?
Good point, the foul takes precedence over the offside, based on what the Law says as far as I can understand it.

Which in my opinion reinforces the view that Akanji and Eddies actions are affected by Rashford being over the ball as he was.

I know Utd scored 2 we scored 1.
Does anyone on here really think Utd were the better team. Should ignore the simplistic they scored more than us comments.
We played the better football by far. However they played on our weakness at present which is giving up possession in the mid third and hitting us on the break and they had other chances as well.

What we are doing badly at present is creating chances....the whole midfield looks like they have forgotten how.....KDb's passing and all around game is appalling at present...Foden completely looks like he has forgotten how to control a football. Mahrez and Grealish have never been big creators and Bernardo silva is doing all his hard work 30 yds too deep into his own half at times or at least around the half way line.

Its this issue in midfield that is also causing the defensive frailties as our defenders are having to defend too much space....

When we playeda false 9 we completely dominated and suffocated teams so the defenders were protected as even when we lost possession we gained it back so quickly due to how compact our 10 outfield players were.....now wer are more stretched out.....Haaland today was dropping deep but that was an effort to pull the centre halves out of position...but no one was making the runs into the spaces or if they were the pass wasnt coming...KDB gave possession away a lot today (this is an increasing theme as well)

So, if Eddy or Akanji clean him out, is it a foul or is he given offside?
Weirdly, it's a foul, as the law clearly states it occurs before the offside even if the offside player was intending to play the ball

I'd say you couldn't make it up but whenever created the latest laws obviously did!

The other big appointment for me today are some of the bogus criticisms on here of City and Pep today. If there ever was a day to stick together it was this, especially after what happened. I thought we played really well in terms of game management today. Nothing stupid in the first half, total control in the second until the 'event'. On any day at any other ground that 'goal' gets ruled out for offside (bar one other place of course) and City go on to win the game, and everyone on here comments on how controlled we were.

Instead the result gets stolen and its an excuse for blue toys to get thrown out of blue prams....

You are correct that the ‘words’ of the clause don‘t expressly mention his type of interference as an offside.

However, he was ‘shepherding the ball’ and protecting it from the defenders.

He was actively playing the ball by doing this, he doesn’t need to touch it, that is clear in the clause.

Its all down to interpretation of a grey area,and when it becomes personal,like today,you are going to sway to the side that suits......

I can only reiterate my stance,the law is fucking bollocks.Offside is offside and that should be the end of it.

The game has been ruined by wankers.

We are still champions
We are still the best team in the land an all the world
Let them have it
Were going to win the Champs League in 23
Onwards and UPWARDS!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.