United (A) | Post Match Thread

That's the thing isn't it, it doesn't break the rules, but it certainly highlights how ridiculous the rule is

I don't think I've seen a similar situation where a goal has stood for something similar

Have you seen the video from Liverpool today of Trent being given offside when he runs towards the ball? I don't think we all realise the full extent of the rules until these things occur!
I think the linesman should have put his flag up and the opportunity immediately ruled out,that would have been the correct decision.

However.....because no one knows what the fuck is going on these days,he allowed play to continue and then that led to the second phase of play bullshit which the rat took full advantage of.

Had our boys had done the same,there would be a completely different take.

That's 100% an offside call. You can't get THAT close to the ball and pretend you aren't playing it. He wasn't even running towards the ball from afar, he was literally a swing away from kicking the ball himself.

Well done VAR, if you wanted United to win, should've just said so.

So you're telling me Akanji can't play the ball because Rashford is in the way, but if he did play the ball by going through Rashford then they'd get a foul anyway?
Sort of. If Akanji tries to get to the ball and is blocked by Rashford, it's offside. If he tries to get to the ball and fouls Rashford, it's a foul. Not sure how you unpick that in a game when the defender tries to get the ball and gets the offside player first.

It's like a law designed by a committee who were in different rooms at the time

It wasn’t as if there was no space in that final third.For some reason we arnt playing those through balls anymore. We just go side back, side back across basically going no where and it makes it all very easy to defend against. We’re going backwards and I’m worried we’ll go onto the Leipzig game in poor form.

We need about 5 class players and about the same moving out.

We have seriously declined from 2 seasons ago.

Yep,and many wont like it....but we also need some new inspiration and ideas from the bench.Whether that is in the form of coaches or the boss.....im not yet sure.

If I was a bottom of the table coach, I'd be telling one of my players to constantly be offside and use every element of that law in their favour. If it goes out to the wing first, there's no question they're not offside, so you don't even need pace, just goal hang and let the law do the rest
Yes, basically create confusion in the defenders and goalkeeper and try and exploit the chaos.
100% spot on.

For me now, we just have to move on. It doesn’t matter how much we dissect the refereeing decisions, it is not going to change todays result. I agree that we are not playing our best football at the moment, but we are not half way through the season yet and there will be many twists and turns in the next 20 games for all clubs. Today has given the deluded rags false hopes and it could be worse, we could support one of the 2 Premier League clubs from Merseyside. Looking forward to getting back on track next Thursday night.

Come off it, man. Ederson didn't have a clue which player was going to shoot - Rashford was definitely interfering. Akanji would have been better off just pushing Rashford over to prove he was interfering, which is ridiculous. It's not the letter of the law.
He feinted a shot before leaving it. Those saying goal should watch again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.