Votes: 357 77.9%
  • Lose

Votes: 35 7.6%
  • Draw - Extra Time/Pens

Votes: 66 14.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like United have a full strength squad tonight, minus the suspended Cavani, according to the MEN. We’re missing ten players. Not ideal.

Looks like United have a full strength squad tonight, minus the suspended Cavani, according to the MEN. We’re missing ten players. Not ideal.
Name a match against them when we do/did have a full squad.
We are always seem jinxed with at least one of our best players out.
For at least once i would like to see De Bruyne and Aguero starting against them!

Last edited:
We should park the bus and play on the break, they wouldnt expect that , sadly pep wouldnt do it
I just hope we realise that will be their only tactic. If they are losing, they will revert to long balls, then rush and dive. We have to be 100% wary of this.
They have no pride.

The sponsors probably want a new holder and would be delighted if it was them.
I'm sure that message has got back to the ref and VAR.

I'm just hoping Klopp's message about their diving actually has some benefit for us tonight. VAR is definitely under the spotlight etc.

I think we’ve seen evidence of Pep trying different systems over the past few weeks with a lot of success.

I’d be happy for us to play this game allowing them more possession. There’s a reason why their away form is better than when they play at home.

I think we’ve seen evidence of Pep trying different systems over the past few weeks with a lot of success.

I’d be happy for us to play this game allowing them more possession. There’s a reason why their away form is better than when they play at home.
Indeed. Pep’s got more plans than Kevin McCallister. Always makes me laugh when people say “Pep’s got no Plan B”.

Pep Guardiola on the
@Carabao_Cup
semi-final: “We have a desire to play good and get to another final

Pep Guardiola: "We don't have many players. To play one/two games is okay but if sustained for a long time - and you can use just 14/15 players - it will be more difficult. But like everyone in the world, we have to adjust in our lives and our profession as much as possible

Pep Guardiola: "We don't have an alternative. The important thing is the guys who have Covid recover well and the others try to avoid it as much as possible

Pep Guardiola: "Gabriel and Ferran have Covid, Raheem can play striker but I prefer him wider. We don't have much alternative. Sergio is still not completely fit. We found, of course, Bernardo can play there. The next game, maybe another situation..."

So it's obvious City are facing serious limitations tonight. A highly demanding match away 3 days ago, key players still missing, rotation limited by default, once again lining up without a striker, options in the attacking area not plenty, and so on, and so on, and so on...

Opposition clearly has the advantage (which has been the case in every single fucking match this season, domestically as well as abroad), the reasons are obvious, but of course none of the media whores give a fuck about it, do they? You can only hope others involved in the match will actually not add to that advantage...

Guardiola himself seeks no excuses as usual, "...we have to adjust". That's who he is, and that's the culture and the values of the club he represents...

Like vs Chelsea, 100% concentration and composure, combined with confidence and determination, are expected to be key factors tonight. Entering the pitch with the right mindset and operating as a unit, while all players responding to their responsibilities individually and inspiring their teammates. It will be about sacrifice, once again. Show these elements and there is a good chance the quality of our game will make the difference, like it did 3 days ago...

I've said it before, as far as I am concerned there should be no pressure to the team this season. Players don't need it anyway, they know who they play for, take my word for it. Personally I will be happy watching them leave the pitch having done their duty, win or lose, I don't give a fuck. Just not another WBA, please. Which was inexcusable -and 100% on the players. They don't deserve such a mess, and hopefully everybody has learnt his lesson...

Good luck to Pep and his boys wholeheartedly. We make it tonight, a certain dear soul will be smiling from heaven...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.