United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

It's very unclear, but it seems to suggest that it would mean that you'd need 6 out of 9 to vote on something for it to be passed. I don't know if the rest of the league get a say at all. But how long before 6 out of 9 decide that actually, we'd prefer more of the TV revenue, and we're the only ones that get a vote?
That's how I read it, also the EFL would have to agree with this initially (hence the sweetheart deals) but those self same 6 clubs could decide after the fact that perhaps we don't need to be passing all of that lovely jubbly money down the pyramid anymore.

Actually thinking about it, reducing the league to 18 and getting rid of a cup, you’re effectively losing about 6-10 games a season. Why would any fan want this???

What clubs in the lower half of the premier league would want to miss that extra match day income? More room in the calendar for an extended Champions League which is coming down the track and to jet off on more preseason friendlies. The rest of the league should see this for what it is, an opportunity for the top clubs to strengthen their position and coffers. The closed shop is going to be closed even more.

Why do you want the league cup scrapped? Such a fun competition especially around Christmas with the two legged semis. Also, reducing the league to 18 teams just means less league games and more pointless friendlies in China and the States.
Will be able to fit in more bloody awful International fixtures that very few of us are interested in.

All 34 league games will be played at weekends to allow midweeks to be reserved for more European games.

Can't fucking wait :(

It's getting odd. The PL are against something proposed by PL clubs?

I assume the thing as written has no chance of getting through, and there will be a bit of it accepted for less bribe money.
That's because it's a coup. The teams are trying to takeover, of course the people currently in power are against it

I'd reverse the question and ask why exactly we need two domestic cup competitions in contrast to the other top leagues? The FA Cup is better than the Carabao in basically every way, fewer and fewer teams take it seriously, and it would allow for an actual winter break and reduce fixture congestion. Literally the only reason for it is revenue.
Nah disagree the league cup is class. Some great memories from this competition. The semi final against United 10 years ago with the pitch black stadium before kick off was one of the best home games I’ve been to.

That's because it's a coup. The teams are trying to takeover, of course the people currently in power are against it
Hopefully this idea from our 2 superclubs (!) Fails and people see them for what they really are. Maybe a chance the recent failed attempt to get us banned is seen in a new light, the American cartel need fucking off

Nah disagree the league cup is class. Some great memories from this competition. The semi final against United 10 years ago with the pitch black stadium before kick off was one of the best home games I’ve been to.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoy winning it, but if you were starting from scratch there's no way you'd design a league with two domestic cup competitions, one of which only a handful of teams actually try to win. Between the Premier League, the League Cup, the FA Cup, the Champion's League, and International calendar which now includes the Nations League or whatever they call it, the football calendar is way too full. And of all of those one competition pretty obviously stands out as something that could be scrapped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.