United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

I do love the idea that City will be against this. Absolutely no chance and, in some ways, part of it does make a bit of sense. The PL was always supposed to go down to 18, it just never bothered. Equally, giving a quarter of the PL tv cash to the EFL clubs, whilst ditching the parachute payments, isn’t the worst suggestion either. I also like the team finishing 16th going into the play offs with 3/4/5 from the championship. I’m also not wholly against no European place for the League Cup but would be opposed to no league cup.
Truth be told, if that was it, I’d probably think it was a reasonable idea, small print notwithstanding.

However, if they start talking about blocking new ownership (although they’ve effectively done that to the Bar-Codes already), stopping relegation or bringing in more swinging FFP measures and taking away the one club, one vote principle, then I’d be completely opposed.

Local support is now irrelevant because the thieves stealing our game want more and more global money. This is a big FU to local fans and tribal allegiances, the rags and the scousers are preparing to brand themselves even more as Apple, Nike, and pull in even more happy clappy fan boys.

Under this business model they don't need us, we can kid ourselves that football is nothing without the hard core support of the supporters but they genuinely don't care a jot.

My red mate has been saying this for years. He can’t stand what United have become. Don’t think we are too far behind.

Of course. We only have to recall Soriano's comments last week about the EFL and what he thinks about clubs further down the ladder.

Our current vote in the Premier League isn't worth the paper it is written on anyhow, we are always in a minority because other clubs want to stay on the gravy train or stick it to us.

The guy behind the International Champions Cup is also part of this, he and his American mates.
Is that guy who tried to get a la Liga held in the states?

Internal power grab. Suits Man Utd and Liverpool more than anyone so I hope City oppose it
I do love the idea that City will be against this. Absolutely no chance and, in some ways, part of it does make a bit of sense. The PL was always supposed to go down to 18, it just never bothered. Equally, giving a quarter of the PL tv cash to the EFL clubs, whilst ditching the parachute payments, isn’t the worst suggestion either. I also like the team finishing 16th going into the play offs with 3/4/5 from the championship. I’m also not wholly against no European place for the League Cup but would be opposed to no league cup.
Truth be told, if that was it, I’d probably think it was a reasonable idea, small print notwithstanding.

However, if they start talking about blocking new ownership (although they’ve effectively done that to the Bar-Codes already), stopping relegation or bringing in more swinging FFP measures and taking away the one club, one vote principle, then I’d be completely opposed.
We should be against it because if Man Utd or Liverpool eventually get the freedom to exploit broadcasting rights then the economic divide will become unbridgeable

I see that shill David Conn is pedaling the 'virtues' of these proposals from the 2 most plastic clubs in the history of the game... how much does a guardian journalist cost??
Conn sold his soul a long time ago along with the WhatsApp Group who peddle the myth of FFP being about a level playing field yet ignore debt and especially leveraged debt as a way of funding over genuine owner investment.

The Guardian, NY Times and Der Spiegel publish stories that are little more than propaganda in the interests of certain parties. They failed with City and FFP but succeeded in scuppering the Saudi takeover of Newcastle. Yet Americans seem automatically deemed fit and proper owners regardless of how they operate.

Parry and Gill were at the heart of the creation of the Premier League and measures to stop sharing revenues with lower clubs. It is all about control. I would like to see private and personal action taken against these two.

Liverpool and ManU will have suffered a massive revenue drop last year with worse to follow. They may claim to be European Royalty but their revenues are very exposed by coronavirus with City better placed. They are desperate and forced to show their hand.

Khaldoon has always expressed support for the football pyramid rather than an elite league. We could be seeing an endgame of a power struggle for control that started with G14 and FFP.

The problem with premier clubs is that they always want to go with proposals which advantage themselves individually and not necessarily other clubs or football in general (or the other way round) and the so called big clubs do it more often. Some of these proposals are eminently good for the game - Play offs at the end of the season to include bottom clubs in PL and top clubs from the Championship, money filtering down to lower leagues to help keep clubs financially strong, cutting the number of teams in the PL etc. but, I can see that one vote for each club can also cause problems such as the sensible idea of 5 substitutes being overturned by the teams not fighting for a top 5 place rather than thinking about player safety. However the answer to this type of problem can never be to give the top clubs a higher number of votes than those lower down unless this is done proportional to the previous years league table and with the number of votes needed for a proposal to be accepted to be different to the 14/6 differential used at the moment. The main problem will always be that the clubs like United and Liverpool will always want the highest amount of money from the football “pot” even when they may not be a top club in terms of position in the PL and if given a privileged position in voting rights will always use it to their advantage.
Fortunately, this idea will not get off the ground but I wonder if the likes of the Rags and Dippers know this and they are using this as a forward push for something much more sinister.

There’s some decent stuff in the proposals. Just take out the bits around special voting rights from certain clubs and jobs a good un......

I’ve just had a quick scan of rags and vermin forums. Seemed to me it was defiantly the majority of scousers up for this but there was a lot of utd fans who can see right through it. The outcome I was expecting reall, before I looked. I cannot believe I used to cheer for them scousers when we were not as good” they are unreal!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.