United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Clichy and Kolarov will actually both start.

Otamendi doesn't get back until Friday lunchtime and with a Champions League game also to factor in, I suspect AK and Stones in the middle with Sagna back on the right.

Thankfully, Zabba is also back late, because he was just horrible against West Ham.

Nolito and Navas both out wide, Sterling down the middle and Silva in the hole.

Big call on KDB over Fernando, slotting alongside Fernandinho.

Pep won't throw all the sexy names in just because he can.
I think KDB plays either way. The call will be BTW Fernando and Navas as to who the 11th player is.

Kolarov at LCB and Sagna back at RB sounds fab. Hope Zab finds some defensive form soon too. Right now he is still looking sluggish. Only player immuned to the Pep effect so far.

We've not won in the last three encounters, so I don't see where some of the more bolder statements of victory are coming from?

They've improved, we've improved. First goal is always seemingly crucial in the big games.

Still think they have more at stake and a draw should not be seen as a bad result at this time.
Because we're no longer being managed by Manuel Pellegrini?

Pep has got Mourinho's number, and I expect another tactical masterclass at OT. In some ways, not having Sergio available broadens Pep's choices for this game, which makes United fans celebrating his exclusion quite amusing.

I think KDB plays either way. The call will be BTW Fernando and Navas as to who the 11th player is.

Kolarov at LCB and Sagna back at RB sounds fab. Hope Zab finds some defensive form soon too. Right now he is still looking sluggish. Only player immuned to the Pep effect so far.

Pep has had the luxury of having a few of the lads at training and that's why I think if he gets info Shaw will actually play, he'll go with Navas to offer Sagna a bit more protection, and his speed still allows us to break quickly from deep.

Interesting on KDB. I don't think we can afford him - wish Gundogan was up-to-speed, but you can't throw him in from the start in this game.

Pep has had the luxury of having a few of the lads at training and that's why I think if he gets info Shaw will actually play, he'll go with Navas to offer Sagna a bit more protection, and his speed still allows us to break quickly from deep.

Interesting on KDB. I don't think we can afford him - wish Gundogan was up-to-speed, but you can't throw him in from the start in this game.
Yeah, once Gundogan is up to speed, that's when the questions get tough. I think right now the gulf of talent between KDB and Navas/Fernando is to wide for tactics to put them over him. Once Gundogan is up to speed, then there legitimatelywill be 4 players for 3 positions. I think Pep knows this and has hinted at KDB moving outside once that happens.

However, Sterling and Nolito are making it hard with there play. Right now they are both 2 steps ahead of the fieldfor the wide positions. But as form ebbs and flows I reckon Kdb, Sane and Navas will get a foot in.

I like Navas, but my sense is that he leaves for Sevilla in December when the other Jesus arrives. And if that's the plan, I think Pep would play him more off the bench than as a starter. So if I were to guess, I'd say Fernando over Navas as the 11th man for the Derby.

But that's common sense stuff. Not very Pepish :)

I don't think i've ever cared less about the prospect of a United win in all my life as a City fan.

Even if we lose 4-0, the fact that we are going to be so much better than them for so long (or at least until Pep leaves), makes a bad result at this stage meaningless.

Pep's building a dynasty, and they are putting plasters on wounds to appease their egocentric following. In 3 years time, Jose will have been sacked, Ibra retired, Pogba will be at Madrid with De Gea and Rooney will be in net if he continues to play any deeper, and we'll just be starting phase 2 at that point.

I hope we smash them for 6 on Saturday but I couldn't care less if they beat us. Just like I couldn't if we'd lost at Stoke.

I don't think i've ever cared less about the prospect of a United win in all my life as a City fan.

Even if we lose 4-0, the fact that we are going to be so much better than them for so long (or at least until Pep leaves), makes a bad result at this stage meaningless.

Pep's building a dynasty, and they are putting plasters on wounds to appease their egocentric following. In 3 years time, Jose will have been sacked, Ibra retired, Pogba will be at Madrid with De Gea and Rooney will be in net if he continues to play any deeper, and we'll just be starting phase 2 at that point.

I hope we smash them for 6 on Saturday but I couldn't care less if they beat us. Just like I couldn't if we'd lost at Stoke.
Sums up my feelings too, though I am quite confident at the moment. That said by Saturday morning my thoughts might have changed.

If kolorov is at centre half he will get absolutely dominated. I get he has improved but he is bang average in the air especially from crosses into the box......there only weapon is crosses into the box and its our weakness without kompany in there.....i think this or playing on the break is how they will win....they will play for free kicks....as well.

We will dominate posession and hopefully limit them to posession but if they get into positions to put crosses into big nose he will have a field day.

I dont doubt we will play the better football but there physicality will mean that this game reallt hangs in the balance

Just bagged corporate and a seat in their posh bit for me and the lad. Jump up or not ??

Looking forward to hearing us out sing the cvnts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.