United away - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will a gif do. Never tire of this :)

Silva.gif
I rarely can remember specific matches and scores etc but that one is safely stored in my brain,i will always think of that pass when i think of our merlin

I just wish that this game was taking place in October rather than now, we may have a full strength squad to chose from but in truth our first choice 11 if everyone was match fit would more than likely include Bravo, Kompany, Ilky and Sane.

I can't see us giving all 4 of these their first start of the season in the Derby, even more so when you consider 3 would be making their debuts. I think the match is a little too early for us.

I think the rags are just edging it based on them having a match fit first 11 and being at home, if this game was a month later i don't think there would be any worry at all for us.

It's an intriguing match. Out great strength is our speed, passing and technical ability - but it's also our weakest due to less physicality. United are the polar opposite.
It's all going to come down to how much either manager is willing to sacrifice their own strengths to combat those of the opposition.

My prediction - we play without a "traditional" forward, pass them to death and come away with a 0-2.

I am really looking forward to seeing Gundogan and Sane play for the first time...assuming they get some game time. They will need a few games to settle though so we shouldn't expect too much....maybe just one goal each haha!!!!.

It's an intriguing match. Out great strength is our speed, passing and technical ability - but it's also our weakest due to less physicality. United are the polar opposite.
It's all going to come down to how much either manager is willing to sacrifice their own strengths to combat those of the opposition.

My prediction - we play without a "traditional" forward, pass them to death and come away with a 0-2.
Good post that yeah. I agree with what you say about each other's strengths being the opposite but I feel it will be a draw.

Back 5 of

Sagna Kompany stones Otmendi Kolorav

Gives us the height at the back and in midfield play 5

Sterling Fernandinho De Bruyne Silva Nolita

No striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.