United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

We were hanging on at the end,pep took sergio and kev off when they only needed to grab once more to take it to pens,not the best idea really

Barring the free kick, they had one shot that I can remember after Maguire’s early chance in the second half. We weren’t dominant at the end, but weren’t hanging on.

Well it’s never dull is it? Glad we are through. Don’t get all the negativity really. If they had done us one nil at theirs and we beat them tonight people would feel very differently. We have beaten them , got to a final ( again) . Seriously my old dad used to say there will always be some city fans who hate Utd more than they love city. Winning or losing to them no longer defines our season. It was a two legged tie and we won it, so fuck them, and fuck the agenda to turn our fan base against the manager. I know I might get some stick for this but .. why so glum .? Our “ awful” season sees us second in the league and already booking a Wembley trip.. it could have been better, yes , but it’s been much worse, and it will get better again.

This wasn’t a poor performance. It was another game where we missed a pile of chances and conceded out of nothing. We showed a lot of character in the second half and were by a million miles the better team. The only major negative about the two games is that on balance of play we deserved to win about 8-0.

It is fucking rocket science, most managers would have had him in at Fulham at home, not Sheffield United away
You’re digressing a bit here. You were previously implying that he was fit for tonight, but Pep chose not to pick him as I recall?

Wow this is fucking mental, I don't care what game he started,.I am asking why he started a game then last 2.games not even on the bench

If he’s picked up a slight knock in his comeback game would you then start him in an easy home cup game, then a game you’re 3-1 up in? I’m a lot happier when he’s playing but I’d rather him eased back in than overloaded and break down again.

Wow this is fucking mental, I don't care what game he started,.I am asking why he started a game then last 2.games not even on the bench

Perhaps because he wasn’t fit enough. Knee injuries cause muscle deterioration to occur and they have to be built back up. Maybe one of the tackles he received has meant he was unable to play in the next two games.

It doesn’t really matter. We have a medical department that have deemed him unfit to play the last two games. Injuries are part of football and we have had to deal with them. We have advanced in both competitions we played in without him though.

Maybe I'm not understanding your point, if he's not 100% fit for the game surely he can't be picked. Not worth the gamble after him being out for so long.
Like I said before he started a game and last 2 games not even on the bench, got told he isn't injured we are just easing him in, well if you ease a player in its a few games off the bench then start a game, we throw him in against Sheffield United away, then wrap him in cotton wool

I saw an article this week claiming that for points per game won, based on our possession and shots at goal, we are the most inefficient team in the Premier League. After completing a 5 hour round trip to watch that nonsense this evening I cannot argue. We have in effect, been found out! I can't recall ever seeing a side be so dominant yet be so useless at taking chances. Meanwhile we again lose to a team of cloggers who manage to score for no other reason than they actually took a shot at our goal. Personally I take no satisfaction from this evening because it was a stark lesson in just how poor we have become. Frankly I'd take the League Cup and Top 4 now. Anyone who entertains the dream of those players, playing like that, and winning the Champions League needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Because. He. Got. A. Knock. In. The. Game. He. Started.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.