United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

A perfect example of a park-the-billion-pound-bus that Untied rolled out.

Embarrassing.
Correct. My brother in law was a fair but staunch utd fan before he passed away. He was a season ticket holder from 1950’s right up to early 2000’s when he died so saw many highlights and some not so high. He would be apoplectic seeing utd play the way they are doing.

Every time we play them I want to see another hammering. Switching off at 6-1 last season pissed me off as did failing to capitalise on our superiority at Wembley.
Today it was the first half that let me down. We probably had better approach play in the first half and created better chances (wasted by Phil and Erling) and had we been 2-1 up at the break then I believe the rags would have caved in.
It was another wasted opportunity to boost our goal difference.
However, it was also an opportunity to witness just how utterly pitiful they are at first hand, and the "you're fucking shit" chant was as apt today as it was at the swamp earlier in the season.
And St Beneathus Day gets that little bit close.

I know we are supposed to all be against Trafford fans, especially today, but I was just driving home from the game (alone) and had a puncture. I pulled over and 4 guys immediately came to me and said have you got a spare wheel. To cut a long story short they changed the wheel for me all the while joshing and joking with me.
They did say when they saw my scarf and coat: oh heck if we’d known you were a City fan we’d have left you’ but they were laughing as they said it.
They could have just walked past and left me to sort it somehow but didn’t and when I went to get my bag to give them some money for a drink they said no, when we get older something similar could happen and we’d hope that someone would do the same for us.
So I won’t be calling all Trafford fans tonight!! :-) :-)

Conversely.
Was walking away from Wembley after the match in June, in the direction of Wembley Central. Logical, given that we had the west side of the stadium. (I suppose most United fans had headed for Wembley Park). Huge flowing crowd of blues. In the middle, two elderly ladies wearing red and white. They themselves started the banter, “Ooer, don't know if we should be here, we seem to have taken the wrong turning, we might catch something”, that kind of stuff. Everybody had noticed them, of course, but not a word spoken up to then. There was then some good natured give and take, laughter, one lad just ahead said, “It was your turn once, now it's ours. Just goes to prove, anyway, that the best football comes from Manchester.” A gracious answer — not actually one that I would necessarily have been generous enough to give.
All in all, some good-natured joshing. Not an untoward word anywhere. Shows that courtesy towards the elderly is alive and can cross tribal barriers. Which is just as well, because I'm starting to get up there myself (although in my head I'm still a teenager…).

I know we are supposed to all be against Trafford fans, especially today, but I was just driving home from the game (alone) and had a puncture. I pulled over and 4 guys immediately came to me and said have you got a spare wheel. To cut a long story short they changed the wheel for me all the while joshing and joking with me.
They did say when they saw my scarf and coat: oh heck if we’d known you were a City fan we’d have left you’ but they were laughing as they said it.
They could have just walked past and left me to sort it somehow but didn’t and when I went to get my bag to give them some money for a drink they said no, when we get older something similar could happen and we’d hope that someone would do the same for us.
So I won’t be calling all Trafford fans tonight!! :-) :-)
Good and bad in everyone EB;)

One of the worst teams to visit Etihad. They were fucking shocking, and I’m not sure whether Rashford's goal was by more luck than judgement.

After a very lacklustre first half, the Boys in Blue were much improved after the break especially Phil. And just to think, several of our "fantastic" pundits were writing him off at the beginning of the season. His goals were both fantastic, and notably, one was when he was playing on the right and the other when he was on the left.

Erling's goal was the icing on the cake, very firmly put the rags back in their box.

All in all, a very satisfying afternoon. It was disappointing to concede the goal, but the comeback made the victory all that much sweeter.
Rashford’s goal was 100% luck. Spectacular but could have gone anywhere much like Rooneys shinner years ago. Phil’s goal was placed exactly where he wanted to put it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.