United (H) Post Match Thread

44 passes to the sound of benny hill will be replayed forever.most memorable derby goal in recent times.
Really?

I'd definitely have

Kompany's header in 2012
Balotelli's first in 2011
Dzeko's 2nd in 2011 (for the Silva pass)
Aguero's in the 4-1 in 2013
Nasri's in the 4-1 in 2013
Yaya's in the 3-0 in 2014

ahead of it.

Really?

I'd definitely have

Kompany's header in 2012

ahead of it.

Taken holistically (yep, I'm aware it sounds twattish), Gundogan's goal was a microcosm of the utter domination we had over United. They were chasing shadows, never getting close to the ball. The goals from the 4-1, even though they were great, don't have the same impact for me - we dominated the game but not in as embarrassing a way as the 44 passes.

In terms of that list, I'd have Kompany's, Why Always me, Dzeko's and I'd include Yaya's in the 1-0 2011 as well.

Really?

I'd definitely have

Kompany's header in 2012

ahead of it.
Kompanys header in 2012 was something else. The Atmosphere that night at the ground was brilliant, everyone was so nervous and shitting bricks you could feel it all around you. For me that’s my number 2 favourite game behind the QPR game.

Sanchez made his bed and financially its a cracker, king sized and silk sheets, in football terms he has all but ruined his career, Bobby Crush has more chance of starting a rags game than he has..Silly, greedy ****..!

It’s a little like the brass in the dam....... the window dressing of Mary Portas, yet a wardrobe CS Lewis would be ashamed of....

This 44 pass goal has taken on a mythology it doesn't really deserve.

If this spell of play was designed to bend Utd's defence out of shape, it failed. Take a look at Utd's defensive line as Bernardo crosses the ball, it's not in bad nick, it's just that the players in it are clueless.

Really?

I'd definitely have

Kompany's header in 2012

ahead of it.

Yaya in the FA Cup semi.

Think it's gone under the radar with the 44 pass move how we moved there whole team around to get Fellani out of position to give Gundogan space to move forward

Makes me laugh how they keep banging on about us having a bench full of £50 million players, as far as I can see we didn't have one but they had Lukaku and Fred.

I would love to see the overall costs of the 2 benches.

According to Transfermarkt

Utd: 259.73 M Euros
City: 129.5 M Euros - however Muric's transfer amount is missing, but still would maybe add 1 M at most

This 44 pass goal has taken on a mythology it doesn't really deserve.

If this spell of play was designed to bend Utd's defence out of shape, it failed. Take a look at Utd's defensive line as Bernardo crosses the ball, it's not in bad nick, it's just that the players in it are clueless.
Sorry mate but I’m not having that, whilst I agree with your assumption that the passes were obviously designed to bring the rags out to play, then hit them with a fast through ball or whatever, ultimately they were nowhere to be seen when BS delivered his fantastic pass.. When a team passes that much with every outfield player taking part then scores a sublime goal at end of it, it has to lauded as this sequence of passes and goal are ... Also whilst their robotic defence was generally in line, it was the wrong line and they were caught ball watching as their midfield was pulled apart like spaghetti... Your call mate but for me it was an utter joy to watch and well deserving of the myth that will follow, I dare say it will be 144 passes by the time I’m ready for the kippax in the sky...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.