United (H) - Post Match Thread

First and foremost I loved that not only we beat them yesterday but completely embarrassed them to the point everyone looks like they’ve given up.

Regarding Sancho I always respect his career path, he got offered one of the biggest contracts we would have ever given anyone his age but he decided to leave for more playing time. That’s fair enough to me. He went to a team that means that decision was really why he left and showed that he is a good player. Now ok he’s gone to United but he could of easily gone to Chelsea or Liverpool if they had met Dortmund’s demands, he had got himself to that point in his career. Do I dislike him for it? No, it’s football. I do genuinely think he didn’t celebrate because he has respect for City.
I thought he seemed to have grown up a bit, less billy big bollocks. Tbf, it was a great strike.

Came across this guy last night, bit of a chump but made me laugh when he starts going on about "little Citeh" across the road, confessing that it is Utd who are now "little Citeh"...complete reversal of roles....the guy is really upset about how far they have fallen...tremendous...about 6 minutes 10 seconds in

He normally vlogs from near the away fans at the swamp....he hates Utd ha

Oh dear oh dear. They're not happy

Mate, there's way more than the 3 mentioned clubs who are a level above us.

We have rotten owners, an abysmal footballing model, are poor in the transfer marker, have the most ego inflated pampered playing squad in the modern game and have no vision whatsoever. Our stadium is not upto standard and from top to bottom we have no integrity or standards. We are a good few levels below what's needed in every aspect of the club from top to bottom.

We used to be the standard

Can you honestly say we set the benchmark for other clubs in any area of our club? From scouting, to coaching to absolutely anything. Is there any part of this club where others think "That's where we need to be?" We are so far behind and are just living off our branding and our name from past glory. Carry on like this and within the next 10 years we'll be Nottingham Forest, labouring around with no prospect of being able to challenge for titles with the old " we were European champions 20 years ago" mentality.

Arsenal, Spurs, Wolves, Leicester, West Ham can all be easily added to as clubs who are better equipped than us in the way they are run and the way they play/apply themselves in games. Villa too, hell even Brentford have a defined style of play.

You say we should target 4th? Am I missing something? Hasn't that been our sole aim for the last 6 or 7 seasons? Did I miss a season or two when we genuinely thought the aim would be winning the league?

At this rate, top 4 looks beyond us. We are genuinely mid table level. Poor mid table at that.

Go through our X11 and compare it to say, West ham or Leicester. How many of ours get a game? Not many, and those that can be argued/debated so we need a proper reality check. Our midfield pivot of Fred and McTominey as a pair I would argue would only get a game for Norwich. Every single team in the division has a better central midfield than us - and that's just one element of the problems within our squad

They were definitely on it for 25 minutes. Very good pressing. They then couldn't keep that going as they're just not used to it.
High press can only work if you have more possession that the opposition. Any team in the world would be knackered doing that much work and not having much of the ball. They're a defensive team with a decent counter attack who employed a coach who prefers a high press, midway through a season. What a shitly run football club. Long may it continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.