United (H) | Post Match Thread

It’s the story of Peps management in derbies really. So many opportunities to lay on hammerings that define the clubs’ rivalry and get spoken about for decades but he just takes the foot off and let’s them get away with it.

6-3 is better than we could have hoped for when we woke up today, but I just don’t understand why you’d make a quadruple change, take off a Grealish who was gunning to score and make a new back line with everyone out of position. The only reason to do it is to slam the brakes on, disrupt the game and go easy on United.

I wish someone at the club could tell him that inflicting the biggest defeat in United’s history (currently 7 goals) would mean as much to his legacy at this club as winning another league trophy.

Maybe he’s just not that guy, no one is ever going to be perfect and whoever comes after him will be the manager that makes dominating the derby a priority over giving Mahrez 10 minutes.

Still, these are more philosophical complaints than anything practical - we just twatted them for 90 minutes and everyone knows it. The raft of articles in Sunday papers about how United were back on track look hilarious already.

As a fan I get this as a manager knowing the amount of games coming up you make those changes

Great match against a really decent United team. I am impressed that they actually showed some courage and good passing from behind and some good pressing, which makes sweeter destroying them. We didn't because they were awful, we did it because we are that good.

Great offensive display, a little bit of a shame those last 10 min. Gomez has the football skills, but still not the physicality (it will come with time).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.