United (H) | Post Match Thread

We’ve not had one against them in the league since 2008
I posted yesterday that we've only had THREE penalties against them home and away in FIFTY ONE Years ,since Franny scored in the 3-3 at maine road in November 1971!!! They have now had FOUR in the last five seasons at the eitihad , summert not right!

Wow! What a performance, especially in the first half.

A third consecutive derby humiliation for the rags. How delightful.

I must admit to being more than a little worried, when I saw that Dave wasn’t in the team, but as said to Mrs Vienna, as I tried to reassure myself, Ilkay has always done a great job, when he’s played there.

They were lucky to survive until the eighth minute before we scored the first. We, and all those around us, were calling them "jammy bastards", when they made those three blocks in a row earlier in the game.

During the last derby, it was plain that Phil was desperate to score, so I was delighted, when he put the first away. It was a beautiful shot, hit without taking a touch.

The football in the first half was sublime, and we made the rags look like a League One outfit. We were that good.

That they scored those two late goals took a little of the shine off the afternoon, but no matter the score, it’s always good to beat that lot.

Several derby records fell this afternoon, including:

The first time a team has scored six at home.​
The first time two hat-tricks have been scored in the same match.​
The most goals in one match.​

It was also hilarious to see the away end starting to empty so early in the game. It just summed the day up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.