United (H) - Sun 2nd Oct, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too early to call this, because no one knows who returns from the Intl break fit and ready to go.

We are catching them on the up, but it feels like we have the ability to beat everyone in the world when we perform, so that’s a factor, too! Which City shows up on the day? Which United?

From this distance, pre-Intls, it feels like a 3-0/3-1, but as with all Derbies, it could be tight 0-0 or an open 4-4, or a tight 1-0 or an easy 6-1!!!

I think Ten Hag has got them sharper, and certainly snapping into tackles, so that’s an element of the game we don’t enjoy. That said, OVERcommitting against City is suicide, so…

Hate these games, because for every 6-1, I’ve lived through multiple soul-destroying losses, not the least of which were being 2-0 up at HT and winning the League at their expense and then losing 2-3, and Scholes popping up with a late header!

Don’t wet myself over them, but rarely feel like City perform like they can and raise their game for the occasion.

Clearly, over recent years, results would suggest every City fan should feel confident. However, given our upbringing and the old “Typical City,” I won’t breathe a sigh of relief, even if we are 2 goals to the good into injury time, until the final whistle!!!

Last edited:
Obviously Ten Hag will set up Ole ball which managed to work against us. Just need to keep it tight at the back. Walker and Akanji will stop the counter attack.

Just imagine the final whistle has gone and Haaland has scored four past them with no reply. The camera pans back to a very embarrassed Roy Keane and a laughing Micah Richards in the Sky studio. That would be hilarious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.