United (H) - Sun 6th March, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see a front three of Mahrez, Grealish, Central and Foden. I think Jack's quick feet could cause them problems and he is physically stronger than Foden. Just my opinion.

100% agree , i dont think we have taken them seriously in recent seasons at the Etihad , their band of mercenaries have been up for derby games at our place , maybe Foden needs to have a word and tell the players how much this means to our support , quite sure Pep will be digging them out and stressing how vital the points are and local pride.
We take every game seriously. United have got lucky against us on the break a few times and we’ve missed chances, that’s how they’ve got a few results. Nothing to do with our motivation.

I don't see Gundogan as a false 9. His game is picking the ball up, making those 360 degree turns and laying it off short. He's a decent finisher I agree but to me he's one of the only players on the team who can only play in one position, central attacking midfield.
I think that's what our striker is though. They need to be able to keep the ball in positions the opposition don't want them to have it, which any of them could do; bring other runners into play, which again most could do and; be in the right place to score goals, which is where I think Gundogan has the edge. He's the one most comfortable arriving late in the area and getting a good shot away.

He's also happy to drop off the line for a while, which is where I think Foden and Grealish in particular have struggled with the position, as they seem to get stuck up front, standing with a centre half who can mark them out of the game.

Key for tomorrow, and the rest of the season, is movement and interchange. It doesn't matter who's in the front 3 and supporting as long as they're constantly moving and changing positions. When they get that right, they're unplayable, but when they stand still, we start putting longer, higher balls into the box and we haven't got a player who can deal with that unless he plays Delap.

Although as far as Sunday goes, I don't care who scores as long as we win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.