United (N) - Sat 25th May | 2024 FA Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He certainly did that.
The only thing he did wrong yesterday is have no awareness of where Coufal was for those long crossfield passes.
Just prior to their goal he must have been 30 yards away from Coufal, allowing a dangerous cross that led to their corner.
I'm sure its something Pep will work on.

That was an obvious issue at times and Gvardiol should have been hammering him to get tighter. We need everyone to be on it. We don't need to "win" this game in terms of having to go out and score goals like we did at the weekend so I can see Pep opting for more control and balance with Kovacic coming in or will play Grealish and then sub Doku in to get at them later on.

You speak as if you think that we'll allow them to dictate the game to us !?!
Might want to rethink that one.
No, you infer that.
We should be able to dictate play. However, where they can, they will deliberately knock it long and deep into the corners to force us to play the length of the pitch. If we become impatient and try to force things, then we turn possession over more often and allow them to do that. They will seek to stretch us physically until we make a mistake, whereas we will try to suffocate them mentally until they tire and make a mistake. Might be a similar game to our semi-final, though we will have had more time to rest.

That was an obvious issue at times and Gvardiol should have been hammering him to get tighter. We need everyone to be on it. We don't need to "win" this game in terms of having to go out and score goals like we did at the weekend so I can see Pep opting for more control and balance with Kovacic coming in or will play Grealish and then sub Doku in to get at them later on.
Grealish has only played 10 minutes this month. Guardiola might be holding him back for this one, but he might just be holding him back and hoping that the extra rest will help him be fully fit in August.

Their only chance is low block and catching us on transitions with pace. I think we pass them to death and smash them.

Grealish has only played 10 minutes this month. Guardiola might be holding him back for this one, but he might just be holding him back and hoping that the extra rest will help him be fully fit in August.

I know. I don't think he's been holding him back, he just hasn't performed well enough to deserve to start. But Pep makes big calls and I don't think he'd hesitate starting him if he felt we needed his calmness and composure on the ball. As I said, we don't need to go and score goals and for all Doku does in the final third he's still someone who can switch off defensively - as shown yesterday. Kovacic is more likely to come in and we'll have Foden floating around from the left hand side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.