United PL (H) | Man of the Match

W1Man of the Match

• Total voters
First, what will be have been evident to everyone. Kev. Very cool on his goals. Plaudits for that. (Mahrez's first is a peach and is the goal of the day, imo). Second, one of the evident times when Kev has stepped up, been a leader and a captain. That's reassuring, because it's the aspect of Rúben being out that I was most worried about. More even than his marshalling capacities as a defender.
But. This will not be popular, and maybe it's not the moment to say it, but I'll say it, because it's what I'm seeing. Something I've noticed for quite some time now. Not a few of Kev's raking passes are now either straight to the feet of his man, or even slightly behind him. In his stellar season, 17-18, Kev was turning on a sixpence, seeing a man with clear daylight in front of him in an instant, and putting those about two or three yards in front of his man, like a machine, so that the player he would pick out (and I'm particularly thinking of Sané) did not for one second have to break stride. This would make the whole forward movement flow unstoppably.
Vote for MOTM? Could be Kev. Could be Jack. Could be Phil. I'll vote Kev.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.