United post-match thread

That's up to you mate, I have no reason to lie about what I believe in but that is irelevant.

So in your mind is fighting for a cup more important or defending it? I'm probably torn between the two to be honest with you, always liked the idea of retaining a cup for whatever reason but enjoy the thrill of trying to win something that was lost out on previously, I do agree in that the FA cup will be different for us this year as we might not have a fixture pile up.
Fighting or defending it makes no odds to me, I refer the right honourable gent to SWPS back handy guide to prioritisation.

Surely then it would have made more sense to have played a strong team yesterday, then rested players at the weekend before the Barça match. It was a derby ffs and we should have given it everything - not just because it's a competition we stood a strong chance of winning, but also because it was THEM and we could have left them in real crisis. Losing a derby hurts - whatever the competition.

Why would it make more sense to rest players in the competition that matters more?

Surely then it would have made more sense to have played a strong team yesterday, then rested players at the weekend before the Barça match. It was a derby ffs and we should have given it everything - not just because it's a competition we stood a strong chance of winning, but also because it was THEM and we could have left them in real crisis. Losing a derby hurts - whatever the competition.
So in your world our priorities read

Win the Derbies
Champs League
PL/FA Cup/League Cup (order may change according to cup draw, should Rags be drawn in LC then that jumps in priority)
?

Why would it make more sense to rest players in the competition that matters more?
Quite right, we should have sent a team of youngsters and first team bench warmers to the swamp as it was obvious PEG would put out a strong team after the Chelsea debacle.

The League should be the main priority for our Club until we get a squad that can cope with the demands of 4 competitions.

Worse than the Pogba that hardly got a kick because of Fernando?

Pogba got plenty of the ball he just didn't do much with it. Every time Fernando did get the ball it went backwards - when we had the ball Garcia moved into space, Fernando was always blocked off or next to a utd player.

He was the senior player in midfield and was totally out shone by Garcia.

Fernando is nowhere near good enough for the level we want to be at.

If we hadn't been playing the rags there would be none of this over reaction
Grow a pair it's a marathon not a sprint

I know Kaz, but I can't stand being beaten by them. What makes matters worse is that they put out a full team, they were crap and were there for the taking. I'm still so bloody frustrated by the result and the way we played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.