United post-match thread

Not read all the comments but it seems we are split into 2 camps regarding last nights selection and result.Either Pep was right to rotate even at cost of losing the game or the we should have played full strength team.
As much as I hate losing to the rag scum surprisingly last nights result tells me more about where the 2 teams are.
Rags play full strength and still need a bent ref to help them win, they look devoid of ideas and Carlton is a bag of shite.
They seem to have no set plan how to play whereas we can change 9 players and still have the same system and look more of a team.
Let the twats gloat because deep down they know they are miles behind us and should be for the foreseeable future.
I thought the 2 kids played well and Willy was good and looked safe.

These league cup matches are fast becoming pointless to attend. Took me 4 hours to get there last night and the team sheet was too weak. Why rest players for cl and pl when we havent won those games either ?
Based on last night for us and spurs fans the same at the dippers the night before, at the very least should it just just be free to attend to watch reserve/youth teams.

Otherwise we are top and resting players now means we will embark on another winning run?

Let's hope so onwards and upwards!

Well why bother entering it then? Or throw it in the first round and let fans know that is the intention. Was pointless me wasting money to go and watch us play in it all those times over the years if
it means so little. We cannot pick and choose as we don't have the trophies to back that sort of arrogance up.

I agree with you in that we must prioritise but had we not cocked 2 home games up by playing the football we did we wouldn't be under pressure going into the WBA game. Hell, maybe it would have been better to play our first team last night, our 'reserves' at the weekend and first team again against Barca if people honestly believe they need such vast amounts of rest between matches. Would have given then even more of a break surely?

We played a weaker side away at Swansea and i didn't think then or last night i was wasting my money, in fact if i thought i was wasting my money following a weaker time i'd have stopped going in the fucking 80's.
If you thought we'd play our best 11 last night you're deluded, we saw this cup, no matter who the opposition, as a chance to play fringe players and youth and rightly so in my opinion.
We were 2 points off Leicester going into last years semi's and ended up losing KDB and being 15 off them when he returned, top players can't and shouldn't be playing every 3 days.

Too many are pissed off because it was the rags, tough shit and man up.

I know Kaz, but I can't stand being beaten by them. What makes matters worse is that they put out a full team, they were crap and were there for the taking. I'm still so bloody frustrated by the result and the way we played.
No-one likes to lose a derby but this one is all about context,pep said before the game it is the least important one and the weekend and barca are bigger games and the team he put out reflected it,let the full first rag team bask in the glory of beating our b team and kids,it matters not in the grand scheme of things

No-one likes to lose a derby but this one is all about context,pep said before the game it is the least important one and the weekend and barca are bigger games and the team he put out reflected it,let the full first rag team bask in the glory of beating our b team and kids,it matters not in the grand scheme of things

Got to hope we win at the weekend then, if not this place will explode!

We were not good last night. I can find some excuses, others are finding loads more.

But none of that helps erase the memory of walking through the tunnel against the tide after the match and seeing those sub human faces/faeces overdressed in bright red clobber bought that very day, smirking as they sang their nursery rhymes with obvious glee. Perhaps the excuse makers have never seen that and so do not feel the same way as most of us do for being beaten by a piss poor rag team.

I find it very hard to be complacent about what might happen in the future when we let twats like that win and their plastic fans gloat with the only passion coming from City fans behind the goal. The first noise from the rags came after about 40 mins although the highlights and no doubt the rest of the TV coverage make it seem like we didn't make any noise at all and I wonder to what extent 'Oh what a night' was heard by the armchair brigade. Talking of arms chair brigade it is interesting to see some of the mega points collectors posting away yet again in here at times when they were supposed to be backing the Blues at the Swamp. Perhaps their own disappointment is reduced when they count their double points and the money for their tickets.

Surely then it would have made more sense to have played a strong team yesterday, then rested players at the weekend before the Barça match. It was a derby ffs and we should have given it everything - not just because it's a competition we stood a strong chance of winning, but also because it was THEM and we could have left them in real crisis. Losing a derby hurts - whatever the competition.

Pep isn't interested in creating a crisis for united. He will only care about our situation. He will think there is nothing to be gained by playing a full strength team and risking injuries ahead of wba and Barca. I was as pissed off as you, but it's clear where his priorities lie. Let's not forget if boy wonder had put that sitter away after 2 mins, we wouldn't even be discussing this. He, Sané and Nolito were shockingly poor. Only after wba will we know if it was worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.