United post-match thread

Never good, but last night told us that they are not the biggest target on our radar anymore.we have moved on to bigger and better things while their team selection showed that we are still their main targets (despite their drivelling about the dippers) and that winning the league cup is of vital importance to them.
We are moving foreword and they are looking back.

Nail on head for me that fella. Good post

That was, perhaps unsurprisingly, also the consensus in the commentary and Sky studio. So, many people could, and did, make it up.

To me it was an American football style block, somthing that I noticed repeated later on in the game and, I suspect, something which Mourinho has devised now that grappling has been clamped down on (in City games, at least). Keep an eye on it.

It reminded me very much of that old Jaap Stam trick of pretending to stumble and "accidentally" bring down his man when he'd been skinned for pace.

Gaz Baz likes that scam too

Hopefully each of the twats will be identified,arrested,and banned from attending any further football matches,they certainly dont deserve the title of 'blues' - i realise every club has such an element amongst its following,however,they're pond life and we dont need such scum associated with our support.

They're horrible bastards every last one of them, i'm still finding pieces in my underpants, had to finish my piss off elsewhere!!!

Wobble my arse SWP. I'll buy you a pint in Cardiff.
'Oh and btw,leave Jesus out of this he won't be in the squad.
Point stands. We couldn't beat saints or Everton so by your logic we can't win the CL. Barca lost to a side that wouldn't make it out of league 1.

Our lowest priority tournament - we field a squad far, far from our best.

Meanwhile, United is desperate for a victory and fields their best side.

In spite of which, we're competitive - on another day we might have won (penalty not given, 'Nacho slightly off in timing and misses a great chance for goal on a header, etc.).

I think it's for the best that we're out of this competition - we didn't prioritize winning it and it's just a drain on resources. Now we can focus on important matters.

The only upside of the league cup is that we can field youngsters and out-of-form players to see how they perform. That luxury is now gone, as losses are now much more detrimental to our season goals.

On the bright side - Garcia had a good showing - hopefully Garcia has now moved ahead of Fernando in selection order; Fernando just isn't good enough, especially when asked to play the lone pivot.

A few posters mentioned this in previous threads...

Our players lost their footing numerous times in the Derby. Seemingly they didn't have the right cleats on. A few United players also lost their footing - but our players slipped far more often. Strange.

Our lowest priority tournament - we field a squad far, far from our best.

Meanwhile, United is desperate for a victory and fields their best side.

In spite of which, we're competitive - on another day we might have won (penalty not given, 'Nacho slightly off in timing and misses a great chance for goal on a header, etc.).

I think it's for the best that we're out of this competition - we didn't prioritize winning it and it's just a drain on resources. Now we can focus on important matters.

The only upside of the league cup is that we can field youngsters and out-of-form players to see how they perform. That luxury is now gone, as losses are now much more detrimental to our season goals.

On the bright side - Garcia had a good showing - hopefully Garcia has now moved ahead of Fernando in selection order; Fernando just isn't good enough, especially when asked to play the lone pivot.

Fernando isn't good enough period. No need to qualify it.

Fernando isn't good enough period. No need to qualify it.
I think Fernando's barely adequate if we play a dual pivot with one of Silva/KDB/Gundugan in the hole. But even then, he's a liability.

Believe me - I'm fully aware of how detrimental Fernando is to our side.

Fernando doesn't move into space to provide passing opportunities; he doesn't cut off passing lanes correctly when we press; he fails to read the game, not moving decisively to the danger point; he's apt to ball chase to no purpose; his passing is typically slow and extremely conservative, often going sideways or backwards, his defensive movement is off, failing to provide cover when others move out of position for tactical reasons, etc.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.