United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Raider said:
don't we need this to succeed? surely an unsuccessful offer leads us a step nearer to the glazers relinquishing ownership of the club?
<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:33 pm --<br /><br />
City Raider said:
don't we need this to succeed? surely an unsuccessful offer leads us a step nearer to the glazers relinquishing ownership of the club?

Either way , united's future is definitely better financially , once they offload the debt or bring it down , they will easily flex their muscles and still remain in profit with their huge commercial income , i am actually in awe of their commercial income , glazers are one of the best business guys around to be true , thats one branch where we need to look at , we need to make those small deals with companies across the globe which make a difference in the financial statement , so glazers not the worst thing that happened to them

Football guy said:
City Raider said:

-- Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:33 pm --

City Raider said:

Either way , united's future is definitely better financially , once they offload the debt or bring it down , they will easily flex their muscles and still remain in profit with their huge commercial income , i am actually in awe of their commercial income , glazers are one of the best business guys around to be true , thats one branch where we need to look at , we need to make those small deals with companies across the globe which make a difference in the financial statement , so glazers not the worst thing that happened to them

Its great to see United fans on here

VOOMER said:
Football guy said:
City Raider said:

City Raider said:

Lol , this is exactly what i hoped to see in response here , but i am not a ****/dick like you who lacks sense to see the truth . i don't see how you can disagree on their sucess in commercial terms

I will die before i support them , trust me on that

Football guy said:
VOOMER said:
Football guy said:

Lol , this is exactly what i hoped to see in response here , but i am not a ****/dick like you who lacks sense to see the truth . i don't see how you can disagree on their sucess in commercial terms

Are you sure about that? You're quite offensive with practically no provocation.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Football guy said:
Lol , this is exactly what i hoped to see in response here , but i am not a ****/dick like you who lacks sense to see the truth .
No need for that.

Beat me to it. I'll go and update the thread.

Football guy said:
City Raider said:
don't we need this to succeed?

surely an unsuccessful offer leads us a step nearer to the glazers relinquishing ownership of the club?
If your barometer of good owners is having the ability to drive up commercial revenues then I agree, on the face of it the Glazers could have been good for the club.

Having said that, before labelling them as "not the worst thing to happen to Utd" we need to remember they turned a previously debt free club into one saddled with crippling, possibly even fatal, levels of debt (they still have a long long way to go to pull off the juggling act of getting the club debt free again, if they're ever going to do so), have seen well in excess of £300m net (taking account of the tax and dividends that a debt free Utd would presumably have paid out anyway) frittered away on servicing "their" debt, plus additional fees paid to themselves.

Glazer apologists also point to the continued on-field success Utd have enjoyed since the takeover, as some sort of vindication for their ownership model. I'm not sure how much of the on-field success is as a result of the Glazers tho, or to look from another angle I'm sure a debt free Utd, under Ferguson, would have won at least as much over that period.

The real crux of it tho has to be what impact they have had on the club's support. Since the takeover they have alienated or forced out huge numbers of Utd's traditional support through their aggressive marketing of the club and incessant price rises, all to help pay for THEIR leveraged buyout. Speaking personally I was eventually priced out after over 30 years of watching matches at Old Trafford, I doubt my children will ever get to see a home game whilst the gimps are still in charge (unless they can afford it from their own spends cos Daddy certainly won't be paying anymore), many of my friends have reluctantly given up as well. The Glazers' short sighted policies have come close (if not already done) to losing one generation of match going mancunians to Utd, and denying the next generation of match going mancunians the opportunity to even start going to matches. One hell of a legacy so, sorry mate but personally I do think they're the worst thing that's ever happened to Utd. I can see tho why some none match going Utd fans, and most opposition fans, may think they're pretty good owners

I Hart Man City said:
Football guy said:
VOOMER said:

Are you sure about that? You're quite offensive with practically no provocation.

I don't get provoked by someone calling me names , but someone calling me a united fan does provoke me

Football guy said:
I Hart Man City said:
Football guy said:

I don't get provoked by someone calling me names , but someone calling me a united fan does provoke me

image-of-a-collection-of-handbags.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.