United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
Football guy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
If it goes ahead, yes that's exactly what will happen. However the underwriters will gauge interest and certainly won't want to be stuck with a load of over-valued shares.

Thanks mate for clearing that up , so we might see share's if undersuscribed sold at prices around $14? I think that will be a major blow for glazers , i find it logically hard to understand who will buy shares at such price which certainly overvalues the club so much around £2b , however , asuming if shares are listed at whatever value glazer's seek but if its values fall to say $10 after sometime , will it have any effect ? Or it won't matter at what price shares are being traded in future?
I'm not sure how it works with the underwriters getting a discount. But once the shares start trading, if they drop dramatically it has two impacts. The first is that it values the company a lot lower and the other is that it could stop any future placing.

Future placing??

What happens when glazers try to delist club in future? Do they have to give the money back then?

Football guy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Football guy said:
Thanks mate for clearing that up , so we might see share's if undersuscribed sold at prices around $14? I think that will be a major blow for glazers , i find it logically hard to understand who will buy shares at such price which certainly overvalues the club so much around £2b , however , asuming if shares are listed at whatever value glazer's seek but if its values fall to say $10 after sometime , will it have any effect ? Or it won't matter at what price shares are being traded in future?
I'm not sure how it works with the underwriters getting a discount. But once the shares start trading, if they drop dramatically it has two impacts. The first is that it values the company a lot lower and the other is that it could stop any future placing.

Future placing??

What happens when glazers try to delist club in future? Do they have to give the money back then?
They'd just have to buy any shares they don't own back.

JM Mcr said:
Football guy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Future placing??

Not true. De-listing can be done as long as they own 75% of the shares (or votes in their case). It just means there's no open market for the shares and they can only be traded privately.

PB, what assurances are there for new investors that the Glaziers can't set the IPO for $16-20 (knowing it's likely to drop), get the cash, then impliment a de-listing, buying the shares for the new market value of $9.50 or whatever?

Prestwich_Blue said:
JM Mcr said:
Football guy said:
Future placing??

Not true. De-listing can be done as long as they own 75% of the shares (or votes in their case). It just means there's no open market for the shares and they can only be traded privately.
Really? I stand corrected, sorry. Isn't there also a cut off where they can force the remaining shareholders to sell? Seem to recall something about this when they bought out the club.<br /><br />-- Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:27 pm --<br /><br />
gordondaviesmoustache said:
SWP's back said:
PB, what assurances are there for new investors that the Glaziers can't set the IPO for $16-20 (knowing it's likely to drop), get the cash, then impliment a de-listing, buying the shares for the new market value of $9.50 or whatever?
Sounds like something off 'Hustle' ;-)
Misread that initially, thought you were talking about your favourite magazine GDM ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.