United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
waspish said:
Football guy said:
Rag's new shirt deal will earn them £50m , yes , £50m a season , how can this deal pass FFP? UEFA has to take some action there while the truth is they can't do anything

This is £10m more than our whole etihad deal , i feel sick

I thought it was a 7 year deal starting in season 2013/14 worth 210m

I read that too.30m a year for 7years

We were 4th on list with 20m a year. . .same as liverpools deal (which was also inflated) sure sunderlands new deal is the same too?!! with invest in africa or something? Read the list while on hols so no link for it.

Those other utd figures are bollocks.

Bluescholar said:
waspish said:
Football guy said:
Rag's new shirt deal will earn them £50m , yes , £50m a season , how can this deal pass FFP? UEFA has to take some action there while the truth is they can't do anything

This is £10m more than our whole etihad deal , i feel sick

I thought it was a 7 year deal starting in season 2013/14 worth 210m

I read that too.30m a year for 7years

We were 4th on list with 20m a year. . .same as liverpools deal (which was also inflated) sure sunderlands new deal is the same too?!! with invest in africa or something? Read the list while on hols so no link for it.

Those other utd figures are bollocks.

They have been filed with the SEC, its not speculation, its fact

This is what the document says:
Only July 26, 2012, consistent with our strategy to grow our global sponsorship revenue, we entered into an agreement with General Motors for Chevrolet to become our exclusive shirt sponsor, beginning in our 2014/15 season. The term of the agreement runs through the end of the 2020/21 season. Annual revenue from our new shirt sponsorship agreement will be $70.0 million in the first season, and will increase by an additional 2.1% in each season thereafter through the term of the agreement. We will also receive approximately $18.6 million in fees in each of the 2012/13 season and 2013/14 season under the terms of our new shirt sponsorship agreement. Total revenue payable through the end of the 2020/21 season under our new shirt sponsorship agreement is approximately $559 million.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Only July 26, 2012, consistent with our strategy to grow our global sponsorship revenue, we entered into an agreement with General Motors for Chevrolet to become our exclusive shirt sponsor, beginning in our 2014/15 season. The term of the agreement runs through the end of the 2020/21 season. Annual revenue from our new shirt sponsorship agreement will be $70.0 million in the first season, and will increase by an additional 2.1% in each season thereafter through the term of the agreement. We will also receive approximately $18.6 million in fees in each of the 2012/13 season and 2013/14 season under the terms of our new shirt sponsorship agreement. Total revenue payable through the end of the 2020/21 season under our new shirt sponsorship agreement is approximately $559 million.

If that is the case, that's £349.3m over 7 years - an average of £50m a year. No wonder the guy who arranged the deal for GM got sacked. Still I guess that will pay a huge chunk of the bonds off in 2017. Interestingly, I wonder if the deal is fair value? i.e. What was the alternative...

Still on the bright side our deal is cheap by comparison (good for FFP) and it also gives City and PSG a whole load of wiggle room to blow a huge hole in FFP.
- Qatar Airways bid X for City rights and Etihad X + 5%
- Etihad bid X for PSG rights and Qatar Airways bid X + 5%
Fair Value too...

Prestwich_Blue said:

Maybe utd are getting 30m and malcs gang the rest

That deal is more than double Barcalona's....with Quatar!! Which was top of the list i read!

I remain unconvinced

salfordpaul said:
haven t read all the thread....are manyoo in sit or are they floating clear ??

Looks like they stand a chance of paying the bonds off in 2017.
IFF (if and only if) the IPO goes well. If it flops the share price will crash and as a result, the value the club will be massively reduced. This would result in United being hamstrung in any future borrowings using the value of the club as collateral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.