United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
So in simple terms, $14 is bad? What do they want/expect?

Not sure LC but i think i have seen numbers like 20 dollars a share banded about as being good for them.
This is well well below what they wanted i think.

LoveCity said:

$14 is what they started at. IMO (and I am not in anyway an expert) it means that the underwriters have bought the majority of the shares so that the price will hold at worse $14 if everyone wanted them then I would have thought that you would have seen the price climb after about 80% of the offer went in the first 30 mins. As it hasn't I am guessing that it's the underwriters and not the general investment public.

Only my opinion mind.

If they sell for 13.50 will the Glazers get less money?

Why does it matter that it is mainly the underwriters buying the shares? What does it mean for the future for them?

Do the events of today make it more likely that the Glazers will stay/go?

LoveCity said:
Originally they were looking for between $16 and $20 per share so they're 35% down on their highest expectation. Once the underwriters stop supporting the stock and release it onto the market, the price will come down even more, making their valuation of the club even lower. If the price goes down to $8 a share (which is the equivalent of what the Facebook share price has done) then it's worth no more than they paid for it.

As an investment they are worthless, unless the share value after purchase goes up, if they have been bought so that a particular fan can say I own part of the franchise fine. The only beneficiaries are the Glazers, they will be paid their money, no doubt the rags debt will be reduced and no doubt the Glazers and certain staff will get their cut.

117 M34 said:

Why does it matter that it is mainly the underwriters buying the shares? What does it mean for the future for them?

1. No they have been underwitten (guaranteed at $14)

2. The underwriters are buying to keep the price high. Say you had 1000 toys and a mate said he would buy all 1000 at $14 but also anyone at the time can buy them. If at the start everyone only wants to pay $5 for them then your mate will buy all 1000 at $14 with the hope that tomorrow they will want to pay $20 for them and therefore still make money. If no one wants to buy at $20 and the only price they can now get is $4 then your mate will sell as many as they can just to get some money back and your mate (the scum) will be worth less money. (very bad example but best I could do)

3. Fuck knows.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
117 M34 said:

1. No they have been underwitten (guaranteed at $14)

2. The underwriters are buying to keep the price high. Say you had 1000 toys and a mate said he would buy all 1000 at $14 but also anyone at the time can buy them. If at the start everyone only wants to pay $5 for them then your mate will buy all 1000 at $14 with the hope that tomorrow they will want to pay $20 for them and therefore still make money. If no one wants to buy at $20 and the only price they can now get is $4 then your mate will sell as many as they can just to get some money back and your mate (the scum) will be worth less money. (very bad example but best I could do)

3. Fuck knows.

So they could sell them for 12 and buy them all for 4 and repeat again and again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.