United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: United thread 2011/12

laserblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
They have to start considering naming rights for Old Trafford now, surely.

It shouldn't be hard finding a taker with all that romance and history.

i hear lego are interested.
Knex might not be far behind. After all they were brought in to design OT.
K60073model1.jpg

I think the Glazers believe they are between a rock and a hard place and that is why they are prepared to take this massive gamble. Make no mistake, it is a gamble which if it backfires leaves them facing a difficult road ahead.

The rock and the hard place I refer to are the increasing power of MCFC, the probable resurgence of CFC, the debt they have loaded onto MUFC which hampers their competitiveness and the impending retirement of the man who has held it together for them on the pitch.

There is little doubt that this is not the best timing on the economic cycle to be launching an IPO but from the Glazers perspective I think they see little choice. To do nothing is to risk the decline of MUFC.

I will be watching these developments with great interest and of course hoping they fail ;-)

laserblue said:

The Poundstretcher Arena

Abit of History for You:

The Cayman Islands were first logged as sighted by Ryan Giggs on 10 May 1503 during his fourth and final voyage to the New World. it was his final voyage as man utd then gave him yet another 1 year extension to his contract. . He named the islands Las Tortugas after the large number of sea turtles observed there. Thats the official reason anyhow. In reality they reminded him of Rooney. The first recorded English visitor to the islands was Paul Scholes in 1586. He subsequently named the islands "Cayman" after caiman, a Neo-Taino word for "alligator". This was also his last voyage as Man Utd also gave him another 1 year contract extension

As has been mentioned re the lure of investing in their club, surely it is all aimed at the fans rather than a serious investor? No one in their right mind is going to pump in some or all of the £100m without wanting to have a say in things?

strongbowholic said:
As has been mentioned re the lure of investing in their club, surely it is all aimed at the fans rather than a serious investor? No one in their right mind is going to pump in some or all of the £100m without wanting to have a say in things?

Well I don't know much about share dealing but I know enough that the big cheeses in investment such as pension fund managers and the like put their money in blue chip investments that have a high chance of a good return in the long term and good premiums in the short term. This scheme seems to offer nothing of a return on investment and for that reason I'm out.

bluemonkey71 said:
laserblue said:

The Poundstretcher Arena
Going off this latest hair-brained scheme, they could re-name it The Donation Bowl.

But surely if their 659m worlwide fans cough up a fiver each they would have enough to buy out the glazers, own the club outright and have a very healthy bank balance with which to buy whatever players they want and be debt free. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.