United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: United thread 2011/12

Rammyblues said:
But surely if their 659m worlwide fans cough up a fiver each they would have enough to buy out the glazers, own the club outright and have a very healthy bank balance with which to buy whatever players they want and be debt free. :-)
A fiver? That's nearly a month's wages amongst some of their fan base.

United fans cause for concern

Sorry if already posted! Last paragraph is Gold!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/04/manchester-united-fans-concern" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... ns-concern</a>

strongbowholic said:
Rammyblues said:
But surely if their 659m worlwide fans cough up a fiver each they would have enough to buy out the glazers, own the club outright and have a very healthy bank balance with which to buy whatever players they want and be debt free. :-)
A fiver? That's nearly a month's wages amongst some of their fan base.

Lol

Re: United fans cause for concern

Anything like this is ultimately good news but I try not to get too excited about it as surely their current position is only temporary. For one reason or another they'll eventually have loads of money again - I'm just glad that their weakest financial point in 20 years coincided with our strongest.

The longer it goes on gives us time to further organise the club and get ourselves in their marketing stratosphere.

The debt could "affect our ability to compete for players and coaching staff; limit our flexibility in planning for, or reacting to, changes in our business and the football industry; [and] increase our vulnerability to general adverse economic and industry conditions"

COULD?!

HAS and WILL continue to do so, given the competition from the nouveau riche and the ususal suspects.

Arab wealth funds, where are you?!

F*ck!ng hypocrites!

The point about outlining all the risks is a valid one. It is up to the investor to assess the likelihood of each risk. The risk of earthquake affecting their business is clearly significantly less (let's say 0.0001%) than that of "indebtedness" (let's say 85%). If th indebtedness wasn't such a risk factor, I imagine there would be no IPO.

I think that blogger has his head well and truly buried in the sand to be honest.

pfazz said:
According to the Gaurdian article Ushited boast a worldwide fan base of 659 million and sold 5 million of Ushited licensed items last year, so only one fan in every 131 bought ANY merchandise from them, good fans eh? Mmmm.

sharing-like-logo.jpg
<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:57 pm --<br /><br />
JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:
M18CTID said:
I guess they may pick up a couple of hundred extra season ticket sales with this leaflet campaign but I can't see it being many more than that. At the end of the day pretty much every United fan that is in some way clued up about their club will know that there are season tickets available to anyone who wants one. Those that aren't or are always moaning that they "can't get a ticket" are probably not dedicated enough to lay out the cash for one anyway, and would sooner watch them down the pub.
Does anyone have any idea of roughly how many season tickets remain unsold there? Someone mentioned 10,000 the other week but as funny as that would be I can't see that many bailing out in one go, probably more like 2,000-3,000 tops. What can't be disputed is that this is at least the 4th season running that United have had a number of season tickets on open sale.
Frankly I'm amazed that Utd's season ticket sales have held up as well as they have over the last 3-4 years.

I'm one of many many former long standing season ticket holders that have been priced out in recent seasons and at some point it isn't possible to keep replacing everyone who gives up. The automatic cup ticket scheme is a major disincentive when trying to work out whether or not you can afford a ST, tickets are often sold for several matches together, well in advance of the games, making it difficult to know whether you will have cash available in your account at the time of the sale....remember, fail to buy tickets on 2 occasions and you're in breach of the terms & conditions of your ST sale and can then forfeit that ST.

I actually seem to recall an unnamed Glazer spokesman being quoted, just after the takeover, as saying they'd know they'd pushed ticket prices too far when they started to see empty seats at games. Maybe that time is nearer than they envisaged, the ST waiting list is long gone and, despite a price freeze this year, they're now having to advertise like never before to shift tickets.

Daft thing is, if they weren't so short sighted, the demand's still there. I'm sure they'd sell out ST easily if they scrapped the auto cup scheme. A bit of imaginative pricing should also endure nigh on full houses for cup games. Whatever people say on here Utd still have a huge fanbase in Manchester and the North West who, whilst not being able to afford (or maybe want) season tickets, will buy tickets for one off games if realistically priced. Even in the league cup, despite prices rarely being significantly reduced, attendances have been pretty healthy since ST holders were not forced to buy them. The lowest gate in that time was 46,000 against Wolves in 2010/11 and all other gates (even against Crystal Palace) have been over 50,000.

I doubt the Glazers will ever agree to scrap the cup scheme tho so you boys should have plenty of banter ammunition over the next year or 2 as Utd try increasingly desperate measures to boost sales.....Enjoy!! ;-)

Banter ammunition? we're champions mate, champions.

C
H
A
M
P
N
S

"AGUEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

demotivational-poster-12077.jpg

Man U will be in a deep crisis by the team Fergy leaves

UlsterCitizen said:
So the biggest club in the whole wide world is now run from a PO Box in the Cayman's

Sounds like it is...ARF !!!

We take what we want,we take what we waaant,
We are the Glazers,we take what we want.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:38 pm --<br /><br />Heres the best one...

" WHO THE FUCK CAYMAN UNITED".. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.