United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me how they can be so duplicitous then expect people to buy into their idea with no reservations.

One minute they're telling the investors that its all about reducing debt, the next they're saying....we're keeping it for ourselves, sod the debt.

What investor in their right mind would believe anything they ever say or do, how can an investor trust them to sell at the right point so that said investor makes his return.

Surely investors will worry that the glazers will continually pull stunts whereby they get money out but the shareholders get nothing, if say in X years time they sell for £ 2 billion but they owe £2 billion how do the shareholders make their return...???

laserblue said:
The funniest part for me is that Gill and Baconface have been bought off with a $16 million sweetener. Proof that when it comes down to brass tacks neither could give a flying fuck about the club or fans.

I'd expect it of Gill. And although Ferguson likes cash as well, if it's true he's getting a cut then I think that could be a step too far in the eyes of the fans. I suppose he could legitimately argue that United wouldn't have been so successful over the past couple of decades if it hadn't been for him so he deserves to be rewarded but even so, the way he's gone about backing the Glazers while mocking those United fans opposed to them is a piss take which flies in the face of his so-called working class ideals that he's so keen to peddle.

Obviously he was never going to criticise the Glazers in public but he could've been a bit more diplomatic about the whole thing and acknowledged that the fans have every right to protest rather than telling them to go and support that "FC lot" if they didn't like it.

1.618034 said:
Meanwhile a bit more on the GM deal and the guy who's been sacked...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.firstpost.com/business/gm-sacks-global-marketing-chief-over-man-united-deal-396474.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.firstpost.com/business/gm-sa ... 96474.html</a>

GM sacks global marketing chief over Man United deal
Jul 30, 2012

General Motors ousted its global marketing chief Joel Ewanick a little more than two years after he joined the company to lead an overhaul of its marketing strategy.

A source with knowledge of the matter said Ewanick failed to properly report financial details about a recent sponsorship deal between GM’s mass-market Chevrolet brand and the world’s most popular soccer club, Manchester United.

When asked about the source’s observations on the sponsorship deal, Ewanick, 52, said in an email that he could not comment. GM signed on as the soccer club’s automotive sponsor in a five-year deal announced in May.

Reuters
The largest US automaker said on Sunday that Ewanick’s departure was effective immediately. He will be replaced on an interim basis by Alan Batey, the head of US sales and service.

“He failed to meet the expectations that the company has for its employees,” GM spokesman Greg Martin said. He declined to elaborate....

I find it hard to believe that a deal of this magnitude wasn't discussed and sanctioned by the whole board. The notion that he signed it off without the express consent of the full board is absurd.

Just a bit busy in work this morning (don't they realise I have better things to do?) but have quickly seen that they are reporting revenues are 5% down on last year at around £315m and operating expenses are up by the same percentage, which would put them around £280m. That's £35m operating profit compared to £59m in 2011 (before player transfer profit were taken into account). So they'll be relying on a tax credit to get them into profit I reckon.

I love the Glazers

In yeterdays announcement of the share price the Glazer's also let slip that despite their previous promise that all monies raised by the share issue would be used to pay off debt they have now changed their minds. Only £73 million will be used to reduce debt and they will trouser any thing over that amount.

I love those guys!

Re: I love the Glazers

article-0-038ABDD20000044D-881_468x319.jpg

200px-Manchester_City.svg.png

One star for each Glazer!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Just a bit busy in work this morning (don't they realise I have better things to do?) but have quickly seen that they are reporting revenues are 5% down on last year at around £315m and operating expenses are up by the same percentage, which would put them around £280m. That's £35m operating profit compared to £59m in 2011 (before player transfer profit were taken into account). So they'll be relying on a tax credit to get them into profit I reckon.
Some guy just confirmed that on Sky News, His words "If it wasnt for a tax break they would post a loss this year"

waspish said:
JM Mcr said:
waspish said:
It would be good if BaconChops and Gill come out and say we are not taking a penny of the money it's going into buying new players!
It would be great but will never happen....

Why not they a both millionaires they love the scum with a passion what better way to show it.. ;)
If they love the club with such passion they shouldn't be millionaires now - should've been working for expenses n satisfaction of a job well done all these years :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.