United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
laserblue said:
jrb said:
Can you explain why the share price is so erratic. I appreciate the actual gains and losses aren't of a significant magnitude, but there's been absolutely no stability or direction in the share price since the launch.(just interested)

My guess is that there have been a number of short term inverstors who have been buying the shares when they're at a low point (which, if enough of them do this, will push the share price up) then selling quickly to pocket their profit (which then pushes the price down again).

The share price will also be affected by general stock market trends, if most other share prices are heading down the chances are so will the rags and vice versa.

lancs blue said:
laserblue said:
jrb said:
Can you explain why the share price is so erratic. I appreciate the actual gains and losses aren't of a significant magnitude, but there's been absolutely no stability or direction in the share price since the launch.(just interested)

My guess is that there have been a number of short term inverstors who have been buying the shares when they're at a low point (which, if enough of them do this, will push the share price up) then selling quickly to pocket their profit (which then pushes the price down again).

The share price will also be affected by general stock market trends, if most other share prices are heading down the chances are so will the rags and vice versa.

That would also be a reason but from what I've seen the rags' share price seems to have risen and fallen without any definite connection to the general trend on either Nasdaq or the Dow Jones. (I hold some U.S. shares which follow that trend much more closely).

Twitter feed (I know, I know...) says that efforts are being made to keep the shares artifically high to enable a 2nd IPO to happen in the next few weeks.

Vienna_70 said:
Times is hard at the swamp.

I've been delivering promotional material from the filth trying to drum up business for the barcodes in the League Cup and another night match - I forget which one, I didn't pay much attention - with something along the lines of, "Night matches are magical".

I've been delivering another one this week.

"There's no place like home matches", trying to drum up interest in the forthcoming matches against Braga, QPR and West Ham.

Imagine two years ago having to beg people to attend Champions' League games at the swamp?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f6/winning-title-city-351494/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f6/winning-title-city-351494/</a>

Always good whenever you need a laugh. Never gets old. Not any of it. And a wonderful collection of awesome famous last words.

Pam said:
http://www.redcafe.net/f6/winning-title-city-351494/

Always good whenever you need a laugh. Never gets old. Not any of it. And a wonderful collection of awesome famous last words.

Let it go Pam - hating the rags is natural,but for you it has become your whole life.
I'm actually not sure if you love City,or just loathe manure instead.
Take a walk,read a book,buy a Rampant Rabbit,or just get laid.

Just been told by a rag at work that united have the best team in the premier league both in strength and depth.....

Then when asked who I thought had the best strike force I was told that apparently the force of Rooney, Van Persie, Welbeck and Hernandez is superior to that of Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli...

I never really like comparing City players to others as I always feel as I'm being slightly bias but Dzeko and Mario is far superior to that of Hernandez and Welshit as for Aguero and Tevez I would say they evenly match Rooney and Van Persie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.