United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JM Mcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:
Agenda's n luck it is then.....we should've lost away at Villa based on what? Or Chelsea away (a rare game when we were never behind)? And Southampton? And yes we lost to Norwich (Jesus??) but don't forget both they, and Utd, comfortably beat an Arsenal team that outplayed you at times at the Etihad this season.

Not gonna start debating refereeing decisions again as it's been done to death but I stand by my original point tho that Utd have played poorly all season, and City's away form has helped us keep in touch. In fact who knows how the table would now look had we started the season with 7 home games and 5 away instead of City?

Villa bottled it, they were 2-0 up and should have seen you off.

Chelsea were well on top and would have gone on to win if Clattenburg hadn't cheated.

Southampton again were ahead and RVP did a Dzeko.

You've played Norwich, Villa & So'ton away, should be a guaranteed 9 points and you've made hard work of all 3.

Chelsea and Liverpool away were handed to you by referees, that's 5, the other 2 away games, Newcastle was your only success, only good victory you really deserved in that.

For our 5 we've been to Liverpool and drawn, no worse than you should have got bar the referee, Stoke we were cheated, Fulham we won, West Brom we won, both teams in good form and playing well, West Ham was the only dissappointment but even then we were the better team and West Ham are in decent nick.

So our away form is good, only an United fan who's wearing a blindfold could say anything different.
Last 2 years in the prem lge including today :)

Home Away P W D L F A W D L F A GD Pt 1 Manchester City 50 24 2 0 73 17 12 7 5 45 22 +79 117 2 Manchester United 50 19 2 3 67 27 18 3 5 51 23 +68 116
The above was posted a few pages back. In your last 50 games you've won 24 of 26 at home and 12 of 24 away.

As it stands this season you've won less than 50% of your away games - bearing in mind your awesome home record I think you'd have run away with the league last season and already have clear daylight this season if you were able to improve on the number of away matches you win. If that makes me blindfolded so be it...

Oh n as an aside, you've scored late winners against Southampton, West Brom, Spurs, Fulham. Pretty impressive stuff n sign of a good side - how come when Utd do it it's down to luck or the other team bottling it?

we won the league last season, so who cares about our away record, you lost at wigan and our place and threw away an 8 point lead, gimme a break.

Our away record this season has been perfectly good, and you are renowned as being the jammy bastards, though this season cheats is more appropriate.

Bunch of pussies asking for a back door exit to avoid galatasary fans. Obviously their Istanbul reds supporters group has been disbanded...

City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:
City Raider said:
i aint your mate
southampton isnt a tough away game compared to most in the prem
you're a guest on here
I know you're not my mate but you're also not my enemy - it's just a figure of speech..

I was comparing Utd's 1st 5 away games as a whole to City's, not on an individual basis.

I'm a guest on here??!!

I'm a registered member, make no pretense of my allegiance and don't set out to wind anyone up. I'm merely here to enjoy debate with fellow football fans and do my best to follow the code of conduct.

you can't compare them as a whole without individualising them!

and stop being so bloody reasonable
Sorry! lol...

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Villa bottled it, they were 2-0 up and should have seen you off.

Chelsea were well on top and would have gone on to win if Clattenburg hadn't cheated.

Southampton again were ahead and RVP did a Dzeko.

You've played Norwich, Villa & So'ton away, should be a guaranteed 9 points and you've made hard work of all 3.

Chelsea and Liverpool away were handed to you by referees, that's 5, the other 2 away games, Newcastle was your only success, only good victory you really deserved in that.

For our 5 we've been to Liverpool and drawn, no worse than you should have got bar the referee, Stoke we were cheated, Fulham we won, West Brom we won, both teams in good form and playing well, West Ham was the only dissappointment but even then we were the better team and West Ham are in decent nick.

So our away form is good, only an United fan who's wearing a blindfold could say anything different.
Last 2 years in the prem lge including today :)

Home Away P W D L F A W D L F A GD Pt 1 Manchester City 50 24 2 0 73 17 12 7 5 45 22 +79 117 2 Manchester United 50 19 2 3 67 27 18 3 5 51 23 +68 116
The above was posted a few pages back. In your last 50 games you've won 24 of 26 at home and 12 of 24 away.

As it stands this season you've won less than 50% of your away games - bearing in mind your awesome home record I think you'd have run away with the league last season and already have clear daylight this season if you were able to improve on the number of away matches you win. If that makes me blindfolded so be it...

Oh n as an aside, you've scored late winners against Southampton, West Brom, Spurs, Fulham. Pretty impressive stuff n sign of a good side - how come when Utd do it it's down to luck or the other team bottling it?

we won the league last season, so who cares about our away record, you lost at wigan and our place and threw away an 8 point lead, gimme a break.

Our away record this season has been perfectly good, and you are renowned as being the jammy bastards, though this season cheats is more appropriate.
I know you won the league last season, deservedly so, and are top this season but I made a simple point that the only reason that Utd are as close to City as they are is because, imo, City's away form wasn't great. Hardly a major criticism, or insult, but if we're back to labelling Utd as cheats, or blaming referees decisions, not really any point trying to discuss it further.

JM Mcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:

I know you won the league last season, deservedly so, and are top this season but I made a simple point that the only reason that Utd are as close to City as they are is because, imo, City's away form wasn't great. Hardly a major criticism, or insult, but if we're back to labelling Utd as cheats, or blaming referees decisions, not really any point trying to discuss it further.
It's actually a good point well put.

The following numbers read Average Home For, Average Home Against, Average Home Points then Average Away For, Average Away Against and Average Away Points for this season so far:

City: 2.57 0.71 2.71 1.40 1.00 1.80
Them: 3.00 1.60 2.40 2.00 1.29 2.14

Still, there's a long, long way to go yet. Shaping up to be another exciting season.

Galatasaray fans are fookin' maniacs, I love it. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E-JapzsqGc&feature=related[/youtube]

Manchester United held up at airport by angry Galatasaray fans ahead of Champions League clash

The Red Devils were greeted by chaotic scenes Ataturk Airport on Monday evening, with police having to use tear gas to suppress fans as the team took an alternative exit

[bigimg]http://u.goal.com/230700/230734hp2.jpg[/bigimg]

Manchester United's preparations for Tuesday's Champions League clash with Galatasaray were disrupted on Monday when the Red Devils were met by chaotic scenes at an airport in Turkey.

The English side arrived at Ataturk Airport but were forced to leave the building through a separate terminal after their arrival was greeted by almost 1000 fans, who attempted to force their way through to the team.

Sir Alex Ferguson has previous experience of the frenzied atmosphere that awaits his side at Ali Sami Yen stadium and he was glad to have avoided the Galatasaray fans' welcome this time around.

The United manager told reporters: "We didn't get the greeting by the fans this time - we dodged that.

"In 1993, when we came here, it was incredible. It was something new and quite frightening but we've been here a few times since and we're getting used to the Turkish fanaticism and enthusiasm. It's no issue for us."

Police were forced to disperse the crowd with tear gas, after which Galatasaray football director Abdurrahim Albayrak called for calm amongst the supporters.

"In every aspects, we are a top-class club. We had to welcome our opponents warmly, not in that way," the club official told fans.

"After my reminder, our supporters understood the impostance of welcome and calmed down.

"They hosted us with respect and our first aim is to repay their hospitality."

Who'd have thought it eh, having a debate with a United fan without having to prove that your team is good enough. Are they rattled already as we've not got out of 1st gear yet?

Say what you want, I like it when they just can't look down their noses at us.

My nice thought for the day. Thank you.

JM Mcr said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
JM Mcr said:

Because the games you mentioned for us were games we were the better team in, majority of the time United do it is when you've been god awfully shite!!
Well as I don't really expect Utd (or City) to be behind too often if they're playing well, I'm not sure I take your point.

Perspective's such a funny thing isn't it ;-)

There were some dodgy/unfortunate incidents involvd in some of those games though.

West Brom went 1-0 up against the run of play, a fact generally accepted by the pundits.

Fulham went 1-0 up from a penalty which was, by general neutral consensus, neither:-

A - A foul.

B - In the box

So hardly to blame for that one.

Spurs scored due to an uncharacteristic mistake from Hart, with one of their (very) few shots in the entire 90 minutes.

Southampton was some rank poor defending so no-one to blame but ourselves there but, as proven against QPR last season, it's entirely possible to completely and utterly batter a side and get caught with sucker punches, which is what happened with Southampton.

Having watched many of United's games this season they have been comprehensively outplayed for decent sized chunks of some of their games. Southampton deserved somethign from their game as it would be easy to argue they were actually the better side on that day. Norwich and Villa both had good, lengthy spells where they were superior. Liverpool, certainly prior to the Shelvey red card (which was indeed a red, but in the same incident Evans also committed a red card offence, but escaped punishment) were the better side.

Overall none of the above really matters, we've both got the points we've got, irrespective of the performances. However where it is relevant is in anticipating the points tally going forward. City have dropped points, but in many instances we've not neccessarily achieved the points we deserved. United have also dropped points, but it would be a brave man that argued they should have achieved more, it's closer to the truth to say they have been somewhat lucky to get the points total they currently have. The odds on City continuing to suffer bad luck and United to continue to over achieve, not as likely as City starting to get the points their displays merit and United's luck failing.

The Future's Blue said:
Who'd have thought it eh, having a debate with a United fan without having to prove that your team is good enough. Are they rattled already as we've not got out of 1st gear yet?

Say what you want, I like it when they just can't look down their noses at us.

My nice thought for the day. Thank you.
Rattled? Not me mate, should make for another interesting season :-)<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:02 pm --<br /><br />
Matty said:
JM Mcr said:
Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Because the games you mentioned for us were games we were the better team in, majority of the time United do it is when you've been god awfully shite!!
Well as I don't really expect Utd (or City) to be behind too often if they're playing well, I'm not sure I take your point.

Perspective's such a funny thing isn't it ;-)

There were some dodgy/unfortunate incidents involvd in some of those games though.

West Brom went 1-0 up against the run of play, a fact generally accepted by the pundits.

Fulham went 1-0 up from a penalty which was, by general neutral consensus, neither:-

A - A foul.

B - In the box

So hardly to blame for that one.

Spurs scored due to an uncharacteristic mistake from Hart, with one of their (very) few shots in the entire 90 minutes.

Southampton was some rank poor defending so no-one to blame but ourselves there but, as proven against QPR last season, it's entirely possible to completely and utterly batter a side and get caught with sucker punches, which is what happened with Southampton.

Having watched many of United's games this season they have been comprehensively outplayed for decent sized chunks of some of their games. Southampton deserved somethign from their game as it would be easy to argue they were actually the better side on that day. Norwich and Villa both had good, lengthy spells where they were superior. Liverpool, certainly prior to the Shelvey red card (which was indeed a red, but in the same incident Evans also committed a red card offence, but escaped punishment) were the better side.

Overall none of the above really matters, we've both got the points we've got, irrespective of the performances. However where it is relevant is in anticipating the points tally going forward. City have dropped points, but in many instances we've not neccessarily achieved the points we deserved. United have also dropped points, but it would be a brave man that argued they should have achieved more, it's closer to the truth to say they have been somewhat lucky to get the points total they currently have. The odds on City continuing to suffer bad luck and United to continue to over achieve, not as likely as City starting to get the points their displays merit and United's luck failing.
Exactly 1 point between us over the last season and a third.......some run of luck we're on ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.