United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sjk2008 said:
City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:
How about Everton, Southampton, Liverpool, Newcastle & Chelsea?

Did you really type Southampton without laughing?

Tbf, his point stands.

Everton, Southampton, Liverpool, Newcastle & Chelsea is a harder list of away fixtures than Liverpool, WBA, Fulham, West Ham & Stoke.

Harder list? Those teams have lost 9 home games, the teams City have played 6. Throw in Villa and Norwich and it's 12.

Anyway I did not make the comparison of away games, he did. My only point is that we have had 5 difficult away games. If we start scoring away from home at the rate we do at home, they're in trouble. I couldn't give a stuff who they've played to be honest, we're better then them.

sjk2008 said:
City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:

Tbf, his point stands.

Everton, Southampton, Liverpool, Newcastle & Chelsea is a harder list of away fixtures than Liverpool, WBA, Fulham, West Ham & Stoke.
United's 5 named opponents total 9 defeats this season (Utd account for 4 of them) while City's total 6 defeats (2 to City).
United's additional 2 away fixtures (Villa/Norwich-hardly formidible) yielded a further 3 points giving them 15 points in total from 7 games as opposed to our 9 from 5.
Not a huge difference and I don't accept that our games were much easier than theirs given the form that WBA/Stoke/Fulham have been in at home.

JM Mcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:
For what it's worth I think Utd have been poor for most of our games this season. Noone can expect to continually rescue games that you go behind in and if Utd's midfield and defense doesn't improve very soon it's going to be extremely difficult to challenge for the title.

It's worth bearing in mind tho that City's away form this season hasn't been overly impressive. Like Utd, they've dropped 6 points on their travels, tho City have only played 5 away games to Utd's 7 so far this season. Forget any agenda's, it's City's away form that has allowed Utd to stay in touch since the beginning of the season.

I think it's Shelvey's red card and Evans getting away with it, Torres's red card for being fouled and Hernandez offside goal, Wilshere sent off and Cleverley not more than anything, and then we can take both our luck into account after that ie. you guys Villa & So'ton away and Fulham home, us WBA & Fulham away.

We've dropped 8 points yes, but we haven't lost and we've drawn home to Arsenal(again you got a ref advantage, albeit as the better team but who knows how you'd cope with 10 men with a midfielder sent off), Liverpool away(you got handed the game), West Ham away(frustrating), Stoke away(we were cheated with a handball goal against us).

You guys have lost to Everton away, Spurs home(we beat), Norwich away(jesus), and should really have lost away to Villa, home to Galatasaray, away to Chelsea, away to Liverpool, away to Southampton, at least drawn with Fulham at home.

Hopefully your luck is running out as that is the only reason why you are top half of the table 2bh.
Agenda's n luck it is then.....we should've lost away at Villa based on what? Or Chelsea away (a rare game when we were never behind)? And Southampton? And yes we lost to Norwich (Jesus??) but don't forget both they, and Utd, comfortably beat an Arsenal team that outplayed you at times at the Etihad this season.

Not gonna start debating refereeing decisions again as it's been done to death but I stand by my original point tho that Utd have played poorly all season, and City's away form has helped us keep in touch. In fact who knows how the table would now look had we started the season with 7 home games and 5 away instead of City?

Villa bottled it, they were 2-0 up and should have seen you off.

Chelsea were well on top and would have gone on to win if Clattenburg hadn't cheated.

Southampton again were ahead and RVP did a Dzeko.

You've played Norwich, Villa & So'ton away, should be a guaranteed 9 points and you've made hard work of all 3.

Chelsea and Liverpool away were handed to you by referees, that's 5, the other 2 away games, Newcastle was your only success, only good victory you really deserved in that.

For our 5 we've been to Liverpool and drawn, no worse than you should have got bar the referee, Stoke we were cheated, Fulham we won, West Brom we won, both teams in good form and playing well, West Ham was the only dissappointment but even then we were the better team and West Ham are in decent nick.

So our away form is good, only an United fan who's wearing a blindfold could say anything different.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I think it's Shelvey's red card and Evans getting away with it, Torres's red card for being fouled and Hernandez offside goal, Wilshere sent off and Cleverley not more than anything, and then we can take both our luck into account after that ie. you guys Villa & So'ton away and Fulham home, us WBA & Fulham away.

We've dropped 8 points yes, but we haven't lost and we've drawn home to Arsenal(again you got a ref advantage, albeit as the better team but who knows how you'd cope with 10 men with a midfielder sent off), Liverpool away(you got handed the game), West Ham away(frustrating), Stoke away(we were cheated with a handball goal against us).

You guys have lost to Everton away, Spurs home(we beat), Norwich away(jesus), and should really have lost away to Villa, home to Galatasaray, away to Chelsea, away to Liverpool, away to Southampton, at least drawn with Fulham at home.

Hopefully your luck is running out as that is the only reason why you are top half of the table 2bh.
Agenda's n luck it is then.....we should've lost away at Villa based on what? Or Chelsea away (a rare game when we were never behind)? And Southampton? And yes we lost to Norwich (Jesus??) but don't forget both they, and Utd, comfortably beat an Arsenal team that outplayed you at times at the Etihad this season.

Not gonna start debating refereeing decisions again as it's been done to death but I stand by my original point tho that Utd have played poorly all season, and City's away form has helped us keep in touch. In fact who knows how the table would now look had we started the season with 7 home games and 5 away instead of City?

Villa bottled it, they were 2-0 up and should have seen you off.

Chelsea were well on top and would have gone on to win if Clattenburg hadn't cheated.

Southampton again were ahead and RVP did a Dzeko.

You've played Norwich, Villa & So'ton away, should be a guaranteed 9 points and you've made hard work of all 3.

Chelsea and Liverpool away were handed to you by referees, that's 5, the other 2 away games, Newcastle was your only success, only good victory you really deserved in that.

For our 5 we've been to Liverpool and drawn, no worse than you should have got bar the referee, Stoke we were cheated, Fulham we won, West Brom we won, both teams in good form and playing well, West Ham was the only dissappointment but even then we were the better team and West Ham are in decent nick.

So our away form is good, only an United fan who's wearing a blindfold could say anything different.

Also considering we drew against Fulham and West Brom away last season!

Kagawa out for further four weeks

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20054360#TWEET375709" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/2 ... WEET375709</a>

Ducado said:
Kagawa out for further four weeks

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20054360#TWEET375709" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/2 ... WEET375709</a>
Herd it this afternoon shame for the lad

City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:
City Raider said:
Away Liverpool, WBA, Fulham, West Ham and Stoke.

I can think of 5 easier fixtures, with 6 to come against Chelsea. You had better pray we don't start scoring goals for fun away from home or it will be over by March.

Why wouldn't I - they were one of our first 5 away games. Why the condescension anyway - aren't they the same side that gave you a really good game at The Etihad? You really are turning into that which you used to hate aren't you, mocking the so called "lesser" teams now??!!

JM Mcr said:
City Raider said:
JM Mcr said:

Why wouldn't I - they were one of our first 5 away games. Why the condescension anyway - aren't they the same side that gave you a really good game at The Etihad? You really are turning into that which you used to hate aren't you, mocking the so called "lesser" teams now??!!

wind your neck in, they're in the relegation zone, and you needed RVP to dig you out of trouble in the last minute as per usual.

Fulham, West Ham, West Brom all have really good home records, Southampton don't, Stoke are unbeaten at home so far, you try and dismiss our run but you got beat by Norwich and escaped with your tail between your legs from Southampton and Villa.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
JM Mcr said:
City Raider said:

wind your neck in, they're in the relegation zone, and you needed RVP to dig you out of trouble in the last minute as per usual.

Fulham, West Ham, West Brom all have really good home records, Southampton don't, Stoke are unbeaten at home so far, you try and dismiss our run but you got beat by Norwich and escaped with your tail between your legs from Southampton and Villa.
And got twatted at home to a spurs team we played off the park.

Galatasaray fans greeting the rags. :D

A8F3FwSCAAAdBUh.jpg

A8F2go-CcAAp7Ku.jpg

A8F2C0lCEAAo1mN.jpg

A8F1rk8CAAAF59y.jpg

A8F1NFHCMAARrXM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.