United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Raider said:
so wigan complete the signing of a utd player on loan the day after losing 4-0 to them ;)

Surprised he got a work permit to join Utd tbh as had no senior international caps prior to the move (well no surprise really)

Angelo Henriquez joins Wigan on loan from Manchester united
Wigan have signed striker Angelo Henriquez on loan from Manchester United until the end of the season.

Chile international Henriquez, 18, joined Sir Alex Ferguson's side in the summer but has failed to break into the first team.

Continue reading the main story
“I am really excited after the manager has given this chance for me to prove myself”

Angelo Henriquez

Chile striker

Henriquez could make his Wigan debut against Bournemouth in the third round of the FA Cup on Saturday.

Martinez said: "Angelo is a young man with a huge potential. I feel he can bring us something different."

The 18-year-old came through Universidad de Chile's youth ranks and helped the club win last season's Apertura, the nation's top division.

He moved to Old Trafford in the summer and made his senior international debut last month against Serbia.

Henriquez said: "I am really excited after the manager has given this chance for me to prove myself. Now I need to work to try and earn my place in the team."

They haven't purposely lost because of a deal but loan deals should never be allowed between clubs in same leagues. It definitely leaves space for some corruption, not necessary on the pitch.. take that Premier League FFP voting for example - there is absolutely space for dodgy stuff.

MSP said:
They haven't purposely lost because of a deal but loan deals should never be allowed between clubs in same leagues. It definitely leaves space for some corruption, not necessary on the pitch.. take that Premier League FFP voting for example - there is absolutely space for dodgy stuff.

People will always find 'spaces' for corruption. I think teams should be able to loan players out to other teams in the same division. For the very reason that if I was a manager wanting to get some experience into one of my younger players, I'd like to see if he could hack it in the league in the first place.

MSP said:
I would want it too but I don't think it's good option. Yes, people will find ways but this one is one of the easiest.

Not neccesarily. Taking a ludicrous example such as Martinez purposely losing to United in order to hand over an easy 3 pts, in exchange for a completely unproven, young striker from a foreign country for 5 months, seems a little far-fetched to me in itself, and that's before you take into account the personal views on the matter of each and every Wigan Athletic player who takes to the pitch against United, and whether they would ALL be happy with such an 'agreement', and also whether Wigan, as a club, would be happy at conceding 3pts "just like that", putting them nearer the relegation zone and a potential multi million pound loss and probably a path to spending the next 3 or 4 years in the Championship.

All this to loan a 'nobody' for 5 months?

Far-fetched is an understatement.

sjk2008 said:
MSP said:
I would want it too but I don't think it's good option. Yes, people will find ways but this one is one of the easiest.

Not neccesarily. Taking a ludicrous example such as Martinez purposely losing to United in order to hand over an easy 3 pts, in exchange for a completely unproven, young striker from a foreign country for 5 months, seems a little far-fetched to me in itself, and that's before you take into account the personal views on the matter of each and every Wigan Athletic player who takes to the pitch against United, and whether they would ALL be happy with such an 'agreement', and also whether Wigan, as a club, would be happy at conceding 3pts "just like that", putting them nearer the relegation zone and a potential multi million pound loss and probably a path to spending the next 3 or 4 years in the Championship.

Thanks for some sanity.

sjk2008 said:
MSP said:

I've already said it doesn't have to be on the pitch activity nor do I believe yesterday's game was.

Just to counter argue your post as you make it look too simple though without deep discussing intentions - I don't think there's too many fixed matches that included each and every player of a team.

If someone wants to lay down they can do it without having a meeting with players and manager saying - listen folks, we have to lose this one, we got a player on loan from that lot.

I don't know what is Pulis using for team talk when they are visiting Etihad, City definitely don't have loanies over there but they lay down as soon as they leave Stoke in last 2-3 years so whatever it is it's obviously working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.