United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welbeck's a superior footballer, and has time on his side, but he doesn't have the predatory instinct of Hernandez. Even when the Mexican isn't playing too well, he always has the chance of bagging us a goal.

When Welbeck's not on form, nothing comes off for him at all.

Fans tend to be a bit more frustrated with him because he's more likely to take players on and lose possession as he plays deeper than Hernandez, whereas Hernandez looks to play the simple pass, and then move into space.

I don't really like Hernandez as a player, to be honest. Can't dribble, flukes his finishes, awful touch on occasion, misplaces 3 yard passes...yet he almost always has a decisive say in our results when he's on. A proper "right place at the right time" player.

32 PL goals, all 32 from the box.

I don't rate him as footballer at all either but he is good poacher and good option to have in squad. Saved your ass many times.

He made his England debut in March 2011, whilst being played as a wide player by Sunderland. He started 27 of the 54 matches Utd played in all competitions last season (5 more than Hernandez) and has started 12 of their 29 games so far this season - hardly a huge fall in status. Has never been more than a squad player, with potential to improve, in his career to date in my opinion. Nothing's changed on that score - Fergie rates him, he'll get plenty of games but will never be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

He was much more valued option last year, no matter what number of starts he had compared to this season, he was in media all the time etc, etc. It's logical thing with van persie's arrival though but his shares failed a lot this year, you can't deny that.

Viva Rivaldo said:
I don't really like Hernandez as a player, to be honest. Can't dribble, flukes his finishes, awful touch on occasion, misplaces 3 yard passes...yet he almost always has a decisive say in our results when he's on. A proper "right place at the right time" player.
We had one once, yet he was a pretty average footballer at a time when we were shite, and he missed a shedload if we're honest, but sometimes it just went in off his arse, and he's now considered a blue hero.

Indirectly without him, we may never have won the league last year, without him we may not even have a club any more.

Viva Rivaldo said:
Welbeck's a superior footballer, and has time on his side, but he doesn't have the predatory instinct of Hernandez. Even when the Mexican isn't playing too well, he always has the chance of bagging us a goal.

Fans tend to be a bit more frustrated with him because he's more likely to take players on and lose possession as he plays deeper than Hernandez, whereas Hernandez looks to play the simple pass, and then move into space.

He does chase back though. I was watching the 1-6 again the other day, and if Ferdinand showed the same commitment that Welbeck showed that day maybe it would have stayed at 1-3.

The gyrating Rasher has lost it again. Ranting at Spuds as we speak.

Viva Rivaldo said:

Welbeck will never be top quality, or even very good, he's average at best and that showed last season with his poor scoring record and it's why Fergie felt the need to upgrade by getting RVP.

If it isn't a fluke it rarely seems to go in off Welbeck.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Viva Rivaldo said:

Welbeck will never be top quality, or even very good, he's average at best and that showed last season with his poor scoring record and it's why Fergie felt the need to upgrade by getting RVP.

If it isn't a fluke it rarely seems to go in off Welbeck.

If he played for say Fulham I doubt people would even speak of him.

I'd have Carrol before Welbeck.

Rags Worst Nightmare

We are just 3 points behind the rags with a better goal difference come the derby at the swamp ........ holy fuck YES ;)

Re: Rags Worst Nightmare

Dodge MCFC said:
We are just 3 points behind the rags with a better goal difference come the derby at the swamp ........ holy fuck YES ;)
An injury to Robin and they'll be worried, we will close gap sure enough, gonna be tight. Can't call it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.