United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
Viva Rivaldo said:
I don't really like Hernandez as a player, to be honest. Can't dribble, flukes his finishes, awful touch on occasion, misplaces 3 yard passes...yet he almost always has a decisive say in our results when he's on. A proper "right place at the right time" player.
We had one once, yet he was a pretty average footballer at a time when we were shite, and he missed a shedload if we're honest, but sometimes it just went in off his arse, and he's now considered a blue hero.

Indirectly without him, we may never have won the league last year, without him we may not even have a club any more.
Spoken like a true blue.

Re: Rags Worst Nightmare

I'm afraid lightning doesn't strike twice I'm afraid they won't cock up a 7 point lead which might be 9 or even 10 if history tells us anything with Arsenal away, not won since the 70's? Of coarse I hope we can catch them, but why didn't Clichy just launch the ball into row z!!!!

Re: Rags Worst Nightmare

Van Pervy will get injured eventually. Even if he doesn't we can still do it, plenty of time left yet.

stony said:
blueblack said:
Pam said:
The gyrating Rasher has lost it again. Ranting at Spuds as we speak.

Hardly a rant. What he's saying is true tbf.

He's a fucking hypocrite, do you not remember when you signed Berbatov ?

That was a completely different situation. I admit what we did was completely wrong and that tottenham or man city should have made an official complaint but they chose not. In terms of hypocrisy i do believe that every manager to to some extent display some during their career (Mancini-tevez will never play again') and so admit that there has been instances where SAF has been a hypocrite.

NipHolmes said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Viva Rivaldo said:
Welbeck's a superior footballer, and has time on his side, but he doesn't have the predatory instinct of Hernandez. Even when the Mexican isn't playing too well, he always has the chance of bagging us a goal.

When Welbeck's not on form, nothing comes off for him at all.

Fans tend to be a bit more frustrated with him because he's more likely to take players on and lose possession as he plays deeper than Hernandez, whereas Hernandez looks to play the simple pass, and then move into space.

I don't really like Hernandez as a player, to be honest. Can't dribble, flukes his finishes, awful touch on occasion, misplaces 3 yard passes...yet he almost always has a decisive say in our results when he's on. A proper "right place at the right time" player.

Welbeck will never be top quality, or even very good, he's average at best and that showed last season with his poor scoring record and it's why Fergie felt the need to upgrade by getting RVP.

If it isn't a fluke it rarely seems to go in off Welbeck.

If he played for say Fulham I doubt people would even speak of him.

I'd have Carrol before Welbeck.

carol who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.