United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the rags I know of a certain age, 35+ still have scars from when the dippers lorded it over them for 2 decades, and even though they have given it back with change, old habits die hard. They hate Liverpool through envy. They want to kill Leeds fans, and they want to put City back in their place, somewhere out of the way.

All of the games are on a par in terms of rivalry, but there are differences.

11 angry men said:
Most of the rags I know of a certain age, 35+ still have scars from when the dippers lorded it over them for 2 decades, and even though they have given it back with change, old habits die hard. They hate Liverpool through envy. They want to kill Leeds fans, and they want to put City back in their place, somewhere out of the way.

All of the games are on a par in terms of rivalry, but there are differences.
Are you very angery or just a tad annoyed?

Re: Without RVP rags would be mid table

They would be 2nd if he never came but they can get bad but they have to play these games they fear the most

Stoke away
Liverpool swamp
Us at swamp
Arsenal away
Chelsea swamp
Everton swamp
Spurs away

So they can be caught and hopefully one unlikely team can get something out of them

MCFC2393 said:
They would be 2nd if he never came but they can get bad but they have to play these games they fear the most

Stoke away
Liverpool swamp
Us at swamp
Arsenal away
Chelsea swamp
Everton swamp
Spurs away

So they can be caught and hopefully one unlikely team can get something out of them
Plenty of potential slip ups, and we have the ability to overtake them.

Stoned Rose said:
Merseyside Red said:
I'm not saying we are their biggest rivals in the mind of every United fan, but to the majority there is no doubt we are. I know a dozen or so Man Utd fans and they all hate us more than they do City. They despise Leeds as much as they do City in the case of a few.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. Right now the two manc clubs are the best two teams in the country by a distance, and I won't deny I'm jealous and am desperate as fuck for us to get back up there some time in the relatively near future.

I'm happy City won the title last season, like. If we can help you out (as well as ourselves obviously haha) on Sunday then fantastic. Anything to stop them winning the title while we're a 'sleeping giant'. Don't want them to get too far ahead of us, like.

Suarez should have too much for Vidic if he plays, Vidic tends to stuggle with strikers of his ilk. Sturridge could be a factor, he's definitely a goal threat and we will need to be clinical. We bossed their midfield in September but the harsh Shelvey red card gave them a massive boost at an important moment. Even if we can control the midfield on Sunday it'll be difficult unless we take our chances. van Persie and Hernandez are probably the two most clinical strikers in the Premier League.

Scousers even write the word 'like' after every sentence?

Facebook-Like-Button-big.jpg

mscenterh750 said:
RVP mania still rife on bluemoon !. We ain't got him, we ain't never gonna get him, so for ducks sake can we stop all this pining for him !, he's gone just like your first ever fit bird ! and It's now time to move on.

You can talk as much as you want mate.. it's like RAWK here when it comes to that twat. If one "oh my God, they got rvp" thread dies, another pops up in an hour.

Troube is most of my rag mates are all talking more and happy about howard red being incharge!!!!
i kid you not. I feel that the game is going to be a howard red show?!?!?

Im pretty sure there will be a red card and a penalty to Utd within the 1st 20mins. (red for Agger for talking to van rapist)

gaving673 said:
Liverpool fan here, the thing that worries me about the Utd game is that we have no Enrique or Kelly which means we will have to play a youth player or Downing against either Valencia or Young :(
Valencia has been woeful for the majority of this season.

11 angry men said:
They hate Liverpool through envy
Did you write the script for Sturridge's interview?

Citysmith said:
The Manchester United game against Liverpool is still bigger than the Manchester United game against us.
It's not.

Merseyside Red said:
I'm not saying we are their biggest rivals in the mind of every United fan, but to the majority there is no doubt we are. I know a dozen or so Man Utd fans and they all hate us more than they do City. They despise Leeds as much as they do City in the case of a few.

Not that it matters in the grand scheme of things. Right now the two manc clubs are the best two teams in the country by a distance, and I won't deny I'm jealous and am desperate as fuck for us to get back up there some time in the relatively near future.

I'm happy City won the title last season, like. If we can help you out (as well as ourselves obviously haha) on Sunday then fantastic. Anything to stop them winning the title while we're a 'sleeping giant'. Don't want them to get too far ahead of us, like.

Suarez should have too much for Vidic if he plays, Vidic tends to stuggle with strikers of his ilk. Sturridge could be a factor, he's definitely a goal threat and we will need to be clinical. We bossed their midfield in September but the harsh Shelvey red card gave them a massive boost at an important moment. Even if we can control the midfield on Sunday it'll be difficult unless we take our chances. van Persie and Hernandez are probably the two most clinical strikers in the Premier League.
The rivalry with City means more to me because we challenge each other for trophies, and we're on each other's doorstep.

For anyone wanting context, I hate Liverpool with the same passion that City fans hate United, but due to their refusal to compete in the league, the rivalry, for me, is starting to mean much less.

Viva Rivaldo said:
For anyone wanting context, I hate Liverpool with the same passion that City fans hate United, but due to their refusal to compete in the league, the rivalry, for me, is starting to mean much less.
I'm sure I will be castigated by my fellow Blues for this given your allegience, but that really made me laugh.

Sort your username out; it's making me ill :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.