United thread 2012/13 (inc merged IPO thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
strongbowholic said:
Adan? Fuckin hell, I need new glasses!!!! Didn't half look like Casillas to me :D

I am half watching this Match and I thought to myself how come Casillas is playing I thought he had a broken finger. They do look remarkably similar.

City Raider said:
lol wio getting dogs abuse on twitter for saying da silva has been the best right back in the prem and champs league this season

must have missed another drugs test
He does play for delusional treble fc you know...cut the man some slack,he's only doing what he's been told to do....
The fuckin treble hahahahaha why arn't our players coming out with 'the double' talk yet,why we're in the cup still and 5pts from top....
Oh yes...i forgot...we're not deluded!!!....
Over to you wio for some more pearls of wisdom......

I think when Bale waltzed past Rio earlier on this season he knew he was pretty much playing on borrowed time. I still reckon he can do a job for a lower team though. With his tiring body, damaged back and his penchant for for missing suspect drug tests plus huge wages who'd have him.

Thing is, his ego is that fucking huge he's going to be knackered. Pundit? no thanks. He makes Ray Parlour look educated, mumbles worst than Merson and his voice is more boring that Ray Wilkins.

Can he sing? Big Brother? Dancing on snow?

MUEN.

United break through $3bn barrier
28 Jan 2013 15:22

Manchester United have been valued at an incredible 3.3billion US dollars - way ahead of their nearest rivals the Dallas Cowboys NFL side.

Old Trafford, home of Manchester United

Manchester United have become the first sports team in the world to be valued at more than 3billion US dollars.

A surge in the club's shares after a poor start when they were offered on the New York Stock Exchange in August has seen the overall value of United rise to 3.3billion US dollars (£2.1billion).

According to Forbes, United are comfortably ahead of the world's second-most-valuable sports team, the NFL's Dallas Cowboys, worth 2.1billion dollars (£1.4billion).

The United shares were initially offered to the public at 14 dollars and are now worth just under 17 dollars.

It means a huge increase in the overall wealth of the Glazer family, who have a controlling interest in United, and billionaire investor George Soros - the 22nd richest person in the world - who bought a 7.5 per cent stake in the club.

United's commercial growth appears to be driving the share price up, with the club announcing several new sponsorship deals since August, qualifying for the Champions League knockout stages, and with the prospect of the new bumper Premier League television deals that are coming on stream from August.

The Glazers sold 10 per cent of their shares in the initial public offering sale in August but United's vice-chairman Ed Woodward insisted in October the family will not sell the club for "many, many years" despite ongoing interest.

Woodward said they had no interest in cashing in the rest of their holding.

Anyone remember what the name of utds investor from ages ago that said that his investment saved the club and its been sweeped under the carpet ?

jrb said:
MUEN.

United break through $3bn barrier
28 Jan 2013 15:22

Manchester United have been valued at an incredible 3.3billion US dollars - way ahead of their nearest rivals the Dallas Cowboys NFL side.

Old Trafford, home of Manchester United

Manchester United have become the first sports team in the world to be valued at more than 3billion US dollars.

A surge in the club's shares after a poor start when they were offered on the New York Stock Exchange in August has seen the overall value of United rise to 3.3billion US dollars (£2.1billion).

According to Forbes, United are comfortably ahead of the world's second-most-valuable sports team, the NFL's Dallas Cowboys, worth 2.1billion dollars (£1.4billion).

The United shares were initially offered to the public at 14 dollars and are now worth just under 17 dollars.

It means a huge increase in the overall wealth of the Glazer family, who have a controlling interest in United, and billionaire investor George Soros - the 22nd richest person in the world - who bought a 7.5 per cent stake in the club.

United's commercial growth appears to be driving the share price up, with the club announcing several new sponsorship deals since August, qualifying for the Champions League knockout stages, and with the prospect of the new bumper Premier League television deals that are coming on stream from August.

The Glazers sold 10 per cent of their shares in the initial public offering sale in August but United's vice-chairman Ed Woodward insisted in October the family will not sell the club for "many, many years" despite ongoing interest.

Woodward said they had no interest in cashing in the rest of their holding.
Is that article suggesting that there are only 2.5% of the shares actually being traded? If so, it would go someway to explaining the drop and then hike in price.

forevermancity said:
Anyone remember what the name of utds investor from ages ago that said that his investment saved the club and its been sweeped under the carpet ?
Gibson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.