United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinkys Left Foot said:
23M for Schweinsteiger and 20M for Sanchez
Sanchez cost 23M 2 years ago and his value now is 26M according to the stat to sites. Schweinsteiger current value on same site 35M
- I couldn't stop laughing. Will the papers mention the word snubbed at any point?

The (still technically correct) phrase they use for this is, "talks were at an advanced stage."

Hehe, some of them are going a bit doolally at redcafe, check herokiller88's lineups he seemingly thinks is even remotely possible in their cavani thread.

They will not spend half what that team will cost.

depps said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
I have just come back from a week's holiday on the Costa Del Sol. Very few United shirts to be seen this year.

Just thought it warranted a mention. Carry on !

Spent the weekend before last in Nice. Think I saw one Utd shirt all weekend but plenty of City shirts... Could be the Nasri connection in that part of France but I was actually shocked by how many City shirts were around

YUp, very possible as Samir is from that neck of the woods
certainly seeing more city shirt around Lyon (and Wrexham, where I work.. traditionally a very red Dipper/ Rag town)... we are eating into their hinterlands !!!

I think of all the 'close eyes and pick out a random big name' attempts by United, Schweinsteiger may have the best chance of succeeding so far. Pep apparently feels he slows down Bayern and his relationship with Van Gaal is good. The obstacle of course is no CL football, but United will throw monster wages at anything right now and it worked for us in getting big names before we had guaranteed CL.

Tarzan41 said:
Beckham says the rest of the teams in the World Cup fear Rooney.

The top players in the world will choose them over Bayern Barcelona Madrid etc

They will spend £300 million this summer whilst only playing youth. Anyone that signs for City signs for dirty oil money rather than to play in the Champions League

They are the "biggest" club in the world (whatever that means) despite Real Madrid winning ten European Cups

A million people watched their parade.

Summer is worse than winter. The great lie that is MUFC. Sick of it.

Aaaw , bless
Beckham...

the original cockney plastic glory hunter and prototype male Bimbo...

Such pearls of wisdom !!!.

LoveCity said:
I think of all the 'close eyes and pick out a random big name' attempts by United, Schweinsteiger may have the best chance of succeeding so far. Pep apparently feels he slows down Bayern and his relationship with Van Gaal is good. The obstacle of course is no CL football, but United will throw monster wages at anything right now and it worked for us in getting big names before we had guaranteed CL.

Agreed, it comforts me their money men will be cacking it though.
They will get some decent players in the next few years but they are gonna have pay for it to the point any financial plans get torn up.

I think failing to get cl this upcoming season will really fuck them.

De Telegraaf reporting utd will have 80mil to spend.
That seems more like what the glazers will give and exactly how much others and myself made an educated guess at.

That is not enough if they want to get top 4 imo. They have so many positions to fill it just won't be enough.
If rvp gets injured they are left with rooney as the only other goal scorer of note.
Midfield is non existent, defence the same and their wings are not exactly doing much either.
Then they have fellaini who they want to flog for about 12mil, young on astronomical wages to get rid off and a load of other dross to get off the books.

Woodward has a hell of a lot of work to do and a large chunk of that is down to baconface, he left them in the shit in relative terms.

Schadenfreude has never felt so satisfying as this, long may the snubs and clubs telling them to do one continue.

dom said:
Tarzan41 said:

They will spend £300 million this summer whilst only playing youth. Anyone that signs for City signs for dirty oil money rather than to play in the Champions League

They are the "biggest" club in the world (whatever that means) despite Real Madrid winning ten European Cups

Aaaw , bless

Until his voice breaks,I'll never take Beckham seriously..
Beckham...

Another one slips through the net

From Sky Sports Transfer Centre

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk</a>

There are plenty of interesting stories in today’s newspapers, with a couple of the broadsheets reporting that Manchester United have made Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger their top summer transfer target and that Louis van Gaal has ended the club’s interest in Toni Kroos.

Whoops....and another one

Manchester United have switched their attention to Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger after missing out on his Germany team-mate Thomas Muller.

yeah whatever !! said:
dom said:
Tarzan41 said:

Aaaw , bless

Until his voice breaks,I'll never take Beckham seriously..
Beckham...

Beckham was quoted as saying "errr", "ya know" and "like I said" several times in an interview that made no sense whatsoever!
I cannot abide that fucking rag ****!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.