United thread 2013/14 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
de niro said:
LoveCity said:
For all their criticisms of us, no club has inflated the market more times than United. Most British transfer records (5). First ever £50,000/week player in England. First ever £300,000/week player in England. £30m fees in 2002 that still look huge today even before being put through an inflation adjustment calculator.

They hide behind their weak clichés and buzzwords/phrases ("The United Way", etc.) to make themselves feel better, but United have no high ground at all to stand on. Some are actually starting to see it since the ruthless sacking of Moyes and their desperate attempts to sign any big or emerging star in Europe with eye-watering wage packages. Luke Shaw will earn more than Kompany and Silva if that Goal story is true.

David Moyes was a sacrificial lamb. the poor bugger actually thought he was "the chosen one". he was hired simply because no top manager would have been daft enough to follow the piss can. had Moyes succeeded they would have claimed a masterstroke but they knew deep down he had no chance, they only won their last title cos we let them, fergie knew without referees and diving they were fucked. so they uproot wee Davey from a comfy little job and string him up. now van gaul can't really lose, he'll be given money that moyes had no chance of getting.

what they've overlooked is this time next year they'll need another manager, Louis is a fucking nutcase.

Its a desperate attempt to get back in the top four-if LVG fails after spending north of £100 million they will truly be Donald Ducked.

if they dont get CL revenue next season it will get very very interesting.

Eds said:
£160k per week for Shaw according the MUEN. Unbelievable Jeff if true.
Hopefully they'll report his wages (I'd imagine it would be a 5 year deal) along with the transfer fee and say that the 18 year old will cost around £69m.

Jamie the rag who i work with once again showed his football knowledge today. A few years ago i posted a story about him booking a restaurant for 7.00pm on the night of the Utd.Barca champs league final because he thought the game kicked off at 3.00pm. He said Cup finals were always played at this time so thought that was when it would be.

Anyway todays classic was

Jamie -"does the WC cup kick off this afternoon?"
Us - "no, tomorrow night 9.00pm"
Jamie - "isn't that a bit late to kick off"
Us - "you do know it is being played in Brazil"
Jamie " no i thought it was in Saudi Arabia or some place like that, are Utd in it this time or is this the one where it is only countries allowed in?"

I shit you not. Are all Rags as thick as him?

richardtheref said:
Jamie the rag who i work with once again showed his football knowledge today. A few years ago i posted a story about him booking a restaurant for 7.00pm on the night of the Utd.Barca champs league final because he thought the game kicked off at 3.00pm. He said Cup finals were always played at this time so thought that was when it would be.

Anyway todays classic was

Jamie -"does the WC cup kick off this afternoon?"
Us - "no, tomorrow night 9.00pm"
Jamie - "isn't that a bit late to kick off"
Us - "you do know it is being played in Brazil"
Jamie " no i thought it was in Saudi Arabia or some place like that, are Utd in it this time or is this the one where it is only countries allowed in?"

I shit you not. Are all Rags as thick as him?

I hope you explained that United didn't qualify (which is technically true, too).

r.soleofsalford said:
de niro said:
LoveCity said:
For all their criticisms of us, no club has inflated the market more times than United. Most British transfer records (5). First ever £50,000/week player in England. First ever £300,000/week player in England. £30m fees in 2002 that still look huge today even before being put through an inflation adjustment calculator.

They hide behind their weak clichés and buzzwords/phrases ("The United Way", etc.) to make themselves feel better, but United have no high ground at all to stand on. Some are actually starting to see it since the ruthless sacking of Moyes and their desperate attempts to sign any big or emerging star in Europe with eye-watering wage packages. Luke Shaw will earn more than Kompany and Silva if that Goal story is true.

David Moyes was a sacrificial lamb. the poor bugger actually thought he was "the chosen one". he was hired simply because no top manager would have been daft enough to follow the piss can. had Moyes succeeded they would have claimed a masterstroke but they knew deep down he had no chance, they only won their last title cos we let them, fergie knew without referees and diving they were fucked. so they uproot wee Davey from a comfy little job and string him up. now van gaul can't really lose, he'll be given money that moyes had no chance of getting.

what they've overlooked is this time next year they'll need another manager, Louis is a fucking nutcase.

i was saying when they signed moyes, that anyone with that ageing squad and average young players would be a failure after ferguson, whoever was given the reins was there to take the heat. anyone after moyes can look like a success without doing much.

thats my conspiracy theory anyway.

Totally agree. Just like in the late 60's when Sean Connery said he was stepping down as James Bond whoever the next guy was had an impossible job in replacing him. Exactly the same!! The Van Gull guy will have an easier ride but i hope this is the start of some barren years for them, just watch their plastic support vanish quicker than a "Dynamo" magic trick.

23M for Schweinsteiger and 20M for Sanchez
Sanchez cost 23M 2 years ago and his value now is 26M according to the stat to sites. Schweinsteiger current value on same site 35M
- I couldn't stop laughing. Will the papers mention the word snubbed at any point?

Kinkys Left Foot said:
23M for Schweinsteiger and 20M for Sanchez
Sanchez cost 23M 2 years ago and his value now is 26M according to the stat to sites. Schweinsteiger current value on same site 35M
- I couldn't stop laughing. Will the papers mention the word snubbed at any point?
That word will never, ever be used in conjunction with anyone who doesn't sign for them. It will be reported as the Rags deciding on another target, or moving their transfer targets in another direction, or having a youth player ready to step into that particular role who is definitely the next Duncan Edwards.

depps said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
I have just come back from a week's holiday on the Costa Del Sol. Very few United shirts to be seen this year.

Just thought it warranted a mention. Carry on !

Spent the weekend before last in Nice. Think I saw one Utd shirt all weekend but plenty of City shirts... Could be the Nasri connection in that part of France but I was actually shocked by how many City shirts were around

as common as white dog shite now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.