United thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
strongbowholic said:
From a piece by Andy Mitten on ESPN Sports Blog:

As he told them he was leaving, Ferguson said, “I hope I haven’t let some of you down, because you may have joined thinking that I would stay.”

This is what he’d led van Persie and Shinji Kagawa to believe when they’d joined the club nine months previously.

“That was correct at the point I said it,” Ferguson stated.

The players were shocked by the announcement. Many had only known life under him. The day of his retirement announcement, the squad went to Chester Racecourse for their annual end-of-season day out and spoke about Ferguson’s replacement. They wouldn't be making the decision, but David Moyes was not the first choice, yet by midafternoon it was clear to the players that the then-Everton manager would be their new boss.

The manager continues to maintain that position. There are people within the club who would agree with him, even people who worked with Ferguson who will claim the current slump “has been coming for two years.”

Can someone switch the internet off please? I'm struggling for breath with all this laughter!

Oh mercy!

Wonderful isn't it? I'm just enjoying while it lasts (hopefully years not weeks) but there's already some classic stuff out there. Where's Paddy Crerand when you need him?! I think that would be the icing on the cake - remember his meltdown about Baconface's retirement?! We may never see or hear from him again if this continues.

Citizen_Ando said:
strongbowholic said:

As he told them he was leaving, Ferguson said, “I hope I haven’t let some of you down, because you may have joined thinking that I would stay.”

This is what he’d led van Persie and Shinji Kagawa to believe when they’d joined the club nine months previously.

“That was correct at the point I said it,” Ferguson stated.

The players were shocked by the announcement. Many had only known life under him. The day of his retirement announcement, the squad went to Chester Racecourse for their annual end-of-season day out and spoke about Ferguson’s replacement. They wouldn't be making the decision, but David Moyes was not the first choice, yet by midafternoon it was clear to the players that the then-Everton manager would be their new boss.

The manager continues to maintain that position. There are people within the club who would agree with him, even people who worked with Ferguson who will claim the current slump “has been coming for two years.”

Can someone switch the internet off please? I'm struggling for breath with all this laughter!

Oh mercy!

Wonderful isn't it? I'm just enjoying while it lasts (hopefully years not weeks) but there's already some classic stuff out there. Where's Paddy Crerand when you need him?! I think that would be the icing on the cake - remember his meltdown about Baconface's retirement?! We may never see or hear from him again if this continues.

Hopefully.

As well as Lou 'chippy' Macari, as already mentioned, and Mickey 'dodgy fivers' Thomas.

Vienna_70 said:
Citizen_Ando said:
strongbowholic said:

Oh mercy!

Hopefully.

As well as Lou 'chippy' Macari, as already mentioned, and Mickey 'dodgy fivers' Thomas.

And Dwight fuckin yorke......he's gone completely off the radar!!!!

I see the Oirish gobshoite Keane has come out and said the Cloughie was a better manager than GPC.

Now while there may be some bitterness in that twat's reasoning, I have always thought that this was the case.

OBE (Old Big 'Ead in Clough's own words) won the league title with two small provincial clubs and won the European Cup with one of them, Forest, a team full of rejects.

Cloughie was the better manager definately.As you said to think he won the league with two small clubs like Forest and Derby and the European cup as well.Fergiescum did it for longer and won more but if a bigger club would have took a chance on Clughie he would have done the same.I know he failed at Leeds but that was doomed from the start.

I would have loved to have seen him manage England or City but Swales ego would never let him come here and he was too outspoken for the FA shirts.

Floptastic7 said:
What's the worst title defence in history? Pointswise? Surely they'll be in with a shout. Plenty of abuse we got last season. Let's return the favour.

Its the 10th December. The league does not end until the end of May, over 5 months away. Now is not the time for this conversation.

rickmcfc said:
Floptastic7 said:
What's the worst title defence in history? Pointswise? Surely they'll be in with a shout. Plenty of abuse we got last season. Let's return the favour.

Its the 10th December. The league does not end until the end of May, over 5 months away. Now is not the time for this conversation.

Ok then. Just a bit excited. Be back in May!

Prestwich_Blue said:
Floptastic7 said:
What's the worst title defence in history?
It would be nice if they equalled it but us getting relegated as defending champions will take some beating.

I dint have the heart to post that.

Think blackburns defence is the worst premier league one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.