United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is different. Martial already won the PFA version which is now voted on by the public from a shortlist of 3.

This new one is the PL one, and I don't think it's changed - Wikipedia claims it's chosen by a panel from Barclay's. It beggars belief that he beat Vardy and Mahrez.
I attended one such ''panel'' meeting.
This was (admittedly) about 8 years ago but doubt it has changed. Barclays were the meeters and greeters at some gentleman's club in London on a Friday lunchtime. The 4 international managers were invited (Sanchez and Venables who was England assistant) turned up. Someone from the PFA, Managers association (Frank Clark who I had to sit next to!) loads of journos (Harry Harris, Patrick Barclay etc), John Motson, a few bods from Sky (no idea who) Brazil failed to attend, which was strange seeing as what followed..... and me (representing the FSF)

So the champagne reception was followed with a stick yer hands up vote. Names of the player of the month nominees were read out with a few stats and any other nominations asked for. Each name read out and a show of hands.... Ronaldo won.
Same again for manager of the month..... Bacon won. (what annoyed me is the results weren't given for a week, should have gone to Bet Fred and ripped him off....)

There then followed a 5 course meal with wine, beer, brandy, cigars..... the journo's all had their noses in the trough and when I passed on the cigars, was nudged and told to reconsider.... and pass it on......
Motson was smashed by the end of it.... next day there he was at Anfield doing the commentary!

CRb363nXIAAkImA.jpg

Deary me

Mad Eyed Screamer - sounds like a good gig if you can get it!

I still don't see how he beat the Leicester players or the Watford lad unless the panel was Jackass, Ogden, Herbert and whichever Custis is the biggest arse, together with Tyler, Tyldesley, etc.

I attended one such ''panel'' meeting.
This was (admittedly) about 8 years ago but doubt it has changed. Barclays were the meeters and greeters at some gentleman's club in London on a Friday lunchtime. The 4 international managers were invited (Sanchez and Venables who was England assistant) turned up. Someone from the PFA, Managers association (Frank Clark who I had to sit next to!) loads of journos (Harry Harris, Patrick Barclay etc), John Motson, a few bods from Sky (no idea who) Brazil failed to attend, which was strange seeing as what followed..... and me (representing the FSF)

So the champagne reception was followed with a stick yer hands up vote. Names of the player of the month nominees were read out with a few stats and any other nominations asked for. Each name read out and a show of hands.... Ronaldo won.
Same again for manager of the month..... Bacon won. (what annoyed me is the results weren't given for a week, should have gone to Bet Fred and ripped him off....)

There then followed a 5 course meal with wine, beer, brandy, cigars..... the journo's all had their noses in the trough and when I passed on the cigars, was nudged and told to reconsider.... and pass it on......
Motson was smashed by the end of it.... next day there he was at Anfield doing the commentary!

Story and a half that mate Ha! Class

Plastic rags really are the most despicable shirt wearing gobshites. The only saving grace is they insist on making such twats out of themselves repeatedly. I mostly just laugh at them and their ill informed bitter-isms. "Council House" is my favourite. A jibe about our lack of money to be able to afford our own ground which has no semblance in reality and berates a football club whose tenancy cements our community standing with MANCHESTER City Council and the local community by means of investment and facilities all of which is a concious choice of the club currently. The irony is lost on the numb as a piss stone knob-heads.
Well said mate. I'm glad we pay Manchester City Council £4 million quid in rent. It binds us more closely to the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.