United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any club can be transformed by 2 or 3 great signings. So with the cash available they could always hit lucky and find the players they need to transform their team.
I will always be cautious when it comes to them. They have shown the signs of decline for years but they have bounced back before and have won so many games when they have been poor. They are a mess right now and in my book they are just coasting along at best i.e. the net quality of players in there squad is not getting any better or worse each window (when you consider the money being spent that is a pretty damming statement). However I can see them getting above the likes of Spurs and Liverpool again this year.
Yes I would be cautious too, but the heights that they reached were unprecedented and I think that the idea that they will ever reach those again is highly optimistic(on their part anyway)
A club can be transformed by 2or 3 great signings , and under the old drunk you always felt that those signings were feasible- now you don't,as the whole ethos of that horrible club has changed , and without him at the helm it can never go back.
The reign of pisscan was almost Faustian and it has set such levels of expectation and arrogance that cannot possibly be matched. They now have to compete with the rest of us and get used to the idea that they cannot be as dominant again.
Things have changed irrevocably inside and outside that place

Thats it now - they are were they are and have owners who are not prepared to invest the squillions needed to attempt to get back there.

I disagree... It's obvious they have the cash to splash, they are the leagues top spenders, they are certainly willing to invest it's just the reality is we're now in 2015 not 1999 and alot of the new generation of young footballers who may become world class will see United as an option to progress, but the likes of Barca/Real/Bayern/Chelsea/Us are seen as better prospects for silverware.

Want a load of cash? do a falcao/angel di maria and sign for them, then piss off a year later.
Falcao's doing the same at Chelski... his agent must be loving it.

Yet no mention of "mercenaries" when discussing united's signings.

They are spending big still... But the right players no longer find them attractive.

Any club can be transformed by 2 or 3 great signings. So with the cash available they could always hit lucky and find the players they need to transform their team.
I will always be cautious when it comes to them. They have shown the signs of decline for years but they have bounced back before and have won so many games when they have been poor. They are a mess right now and in my book they are just coasting along at best i.e. the net quality of players in there squad is not getting any better or worse each window (when you consider the money being spent that is a pretty damming statement). However I can see them getting above the likes of Spurs and Liverpool again this year.

They managed to sign Di Maria and they're still a pull to many young talented players across Europe. They've spent poorly from the last years of bacon, through Davey and now with the turtle. Investing in players that they've not really needed and not strengthening their weakest positions. Why they haven't managed to sign a striker and centre back I don't know. The turtle is a moron, happier to be old school and slate big names and trust in those that train hard instead of recognising the game has changed and top players don't always give it all on the training ground.

Liverpool have some quality but are still lacking in certain areas, what the rags will do is throw huge wages and fees for players and that's something the dippers will not do. Because of that, they have a free run on the top 4 with only ridiculously poor performances possibly threatening that.

They've got some balance to the side but not many attacking options and that will cost them. If you can't break Newcastle down, you should start worrying. Villa aren't the best defensively and Spuds always roll over for the rags so their point total is skewing the true seriousness of their lack of talent.

Swansea could tear them apart if they play how they did against Chelsea. Pass the ball and use their pace and they can beat the rags and still hoping Brugge do them 2-0 this week. 3-1 would be better, with Brugge taking them to pens and beating them.

I hope they continue to decline. As long as the gap keeps growing between them and us, I'm happy. But with their deep pockets they'll never fall completely away until their owners pull the plug.

Massive week or so for them, honestly dont see them finishing above us, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal unless they do some business. Liverpool have a better team in my opinion at the moment, maybe not the names but names like Rooney and Mata dont mean much when they constantly play shit.

And they dont have the luxury of one game a week this season either. Not sure they can even sort themselves out in the next week, they dont really seem to have a transfer plan, just go from one big name to another each week (and fail to get them). Florentino Perez must be licking his lips, if he wants to boot someone out this mob will bite regardless of who or the price.

the level united are at they could easy go both ways 4th place or boom midtable Europa league at best know matter what players they bring in now the premier league is a strong squad league and time run out for them this season and panic buying will only make things a lot worst its too late now to build a squad

I will say who score's the most goals between liverpool and united will get 4th and with united only scoring 2 from own goals in 3 games and Liverpool scoring 2 from 3 games it may be a long season for skysports to pick goal of the season and PFA player of the season but if LVG keeps united up LMA manager of the year will be a no banker

I'd expect that as a minimum from a home match against Spurs for any team with top 4 aspirations this season.
So would i, was replying to a previous post but forgot to quote it, previous poster said to finish top 4 they would have to pick up points from spurs, scousers, chavs, arsenal and us, and that he couldn't see them doing that

The lucky wins they have had over recent seasons have papered over some cracks. They have looked utter shit at times but every time the pressure started to mount they would manage a win. It would be a massive test if they went on a bad run. 4 or 5 games without a win and struggling to score. I could see it happening and the fall out would be immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.