United Thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hold my hands up, I've been going easy on the deluded, over entitled, vacuous red rag scum recently, but only because their clueless ineptitude has had me pissing myself laughing on a daily basis.

Ditto.
the transfer deadline day debacle re de gea had me laughing, the purchase of a young player for 60m had me literally in shock. i thought it was a joke, and when i discovered it wasn,t all i could do was laugh.cannot take in what is happening at the swamp, cant get my head round it.

one thing i can appreciate tho is how shit rooney has become.
last season TT said .." rooney is NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY UP FRONT" and dropped him to midfield.

this season TT said " we fully expect 15-20 goals from Rooney as a striker"

watching englands finest struggle under bizzarre management and dramatic loss of form in such a public manner is car crash material.

Well, apparently it was Phil Neville who started thrapping over Martial back in the Moyes days. Giggs kept tabs on him ever since and put his neck on the block for LVG to make the signing. I think the comment from LVG pretty much indicates that. And that Giggs is being groomed as the next manager. I think that LVG days will be numbered as soon as the Likes of Giggs, Butt and Scholes decide he's pissed too many people off and gang up on him. I think this will happen before people get pissed off with the possession football philosophy.

Well, apparently it was Phil Neville who started thrapping over Martial back in the Moyes days. Giggs kept tabs on him ever since and put his neck on the block for LVG to make the signing. I think the comment from LVG pretty much indicates that. And that Giggs is being groomed as the next manager. I think that LVG days will be numbered as soon as the Likes of Giggs, Butt and Scholes decide he's pissed too many people off and gang up on him. I think this will happen before people get pissed off with the possession football philosophy.

And you can't see the problem with the (hypothetical) scenario you've outlined above?

About the game on Saturday and its rivalry:

I'm 32 and don't ever remember United and Liverpool ever really competing with each other. United were dominant over the last 20yrs but Liverpool never challenged them like City, Arsenal and Chelsea even Blackburn over that time. And given that United didn't win the league for years before Fergusson came, I can't imagine that United ever really challenged Liverpool in the 70s/80s

I'm not a football historian so would happily be corrected but it seems that other than their 19/20 times(yawn) they have had very little, on the pitch competitive rivalry?

I'm sure someone posted on here a couple of years ago indicating that the clubs had only ever finished in the top 2 positions together 4 or 5 times throughout history.

Well, apparently it was Phil Neville who started thrapping over Martial back in the Moyes days. Giggs kept tabs on him ever since and put his neck on the block for LVG to make the signing. I think the comment from LVG pretty much indicates that. And that Giggs is being groomed as the next manager. I think that Uniteds days will be numbered as soon as the Likes of Giggs, Butt and Scholes decide he's pissed. I think this will happen before people get pissed off with the boot it up to the bog brush football philosophy.
edited

In the 80's and early 90's, Liverpool were the team that always put us back in our box. A cup run or title challenge was usually put to bed by them. Even in 91, when the team was turning the corner, Beardsley and Barnes would come to town and give us a dicking. Then over the next 3/4 seasons we overtook them and the derbies became closely fought battles like the classic game that ended 3-3.

Is that specific to Utd though, couldn't say, Arsenal have the same story?

My point is that the on pitch rivalry doesn't really exist and has never really existed it's just a way of TV companies to create a bigger audience

And you can't see the problem with the (hypothetical) scenario you've outlined above?

LVG will steady the ship, clear out all of the deadwood and South Americans, sign some solid, subservient players, but with no creativity.

Add the lack of entertainment, with his ability to piss people off, then a decision will be inevitable. Being an eternal optimist, whoever takes over from LVG will have a much better foundation to build on, than the person following SAF and Moyes.

I'm sure someone posted on here a couple of years ago indicating that the clubs had only ever finished in the top 2 positions together 4 or 5 times throughout history.

I just had a quick look at the table from the 80s and they were never really close to each other, maybe once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.